What am I doing wrong?

Options
Hey guys I need help,

I have started a boot camp routine, 3 times a week, its a mix of cardio and strength training with a trainer.
I am also on a good diet that mixes my fat/carb/sugar intact depending on if it is a workout day or not.

I have noticed my energy level go up
I have noticed my sides look smaller and my legs are in better shape
my belly is pretty much the same but I know that will be the hardest to tone

overall I look smaller and have more energy...but here is the thing...I have lost 0 weight.

I am still 180lbs and I hate it. I feel like a cow when I get on the scale.
why is it that I can look like I am losing weight but not actually loosing any?

my goal is to be 140lbs but I would be content to be 170lbs at this point

<3

Replies

• evolutionbyariana
    evolutionbyariana Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on this routine for? Sometimes when you start getting back into exercise and a healthy diet the scale doesn't reflect the physical changes you feel. This can be due to a number of reasons: you're taking in more water, to keep yourself hydrated (which is good!) you're eating more (which is also good when it's healthy! Your body needs that fuel), you're building muscle, or you have a stubborn scale ;) Give it time and focus on how you're feeling, not what that pesky little box says. Over time the number will go down; for now celebrate the accomplishments you've reached so far like your increased energy and visible fat loss! Don't give up!!! :)
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    The only thing that you seem to be doing wrong is focusing on the scale.

Stick with what you're doing, but put the scale away.

You should be more focused on how you feel and how muscular you are and less concerned about a random number on a scale.
  • Sweetness023
    Options
    It took me a while but I finally learned not to go by the scale when wanting to lose weight/get in shape. Muscle weighs more than fat. So with all that exercise that you've been doing, you have been losing fat but building muscle at the same time. I would suggest investing in a measuring tape and tracking your progress that way. One week my weight didn't budge on the scale but I lost upwards of an inch around my waist and hips!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    oh I am not giving up, just wish my scale would be nice to me for once lol
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    It's very common not to lose, and even to gain some, when starting a new workout program. I gained a bit when I started lifting weights, and didn't lose for probably about a month. Then it started coming off very slowly but surely. I've just changed my routine up and gained a tiny bit from last week. No worries. Just keep it up.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I need help,

I have started a boot camp routine, 3 times a week, its a mix of cardio and strength training with a trainer.
    I am also on a good diet that mixes my fat/carb/sugar intact depending on if it is a workout day or not.

I have noticed my energy level go up
    I have noticed my sides look smaller and my legs are in better shape
    my belly is pretty much the same but I know that will be the hardest to tone

overall I look smaller and have more energy...but here is the thing...I have lost 0 weight

I am still 180lbs and I hate it. I feel like a cow when I get on the scale.
    why is it that I can look like I am losing weight but not actually loosing any?

my goal is to be 140lbs but I would be content to be 170lbs at this point

<3

Let me tell you a story... about 8 years ago I went on Atkins and lost some weight ( I got pregnant 2 months into it...). The baby is almost 7 now, and I have gained quite a bit of weight back. recently I was going through some things and found my measurements from back then.

'04**********************************************'12
    weight 174 *********************** 200
    chest 38 ************************ 39
    waist 37 ************************** 39.5
    hips 42 ****************************** 41.25
    thigh 24 *************************** 23

clothing size tight 14**********************tight 14

that's right. I am currently 26lbs HEAVIER than I was back then, but my hips and thighs are smaller! Muscle takes up less space. My goal weight is 145, but I will be happy with a nicely muscled 155-160 if I am a size 6/8.