dieting...what is working

Options
I keep seeing all these tasty looking recipes made with the shake powder, and just wondered has anyone tried it...
I want to lose my weight, but I am trying to follow the diabetic diet, its just hard to eat as much as is recommended...but I never seem to feel hungry,
so yea I just wondered...what kind of diets is everyone doing, and what is your success

Replies

• fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Looki at my diary - Automation works for me. . . I rotate through a few different lunch and dinners, but breakfast is almost always the same. (at least during the work week) I am a diabetic and my numbers are now down to under 100 just since June!!!! Friend me if you like. You can do this!
  • rach41413
    rach41413 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Exercise! It helps me feel full (for some weird reason I still haven't figured out) and it allows you to eat more calories. Also, lots and lots of protein and fiber. Good luck!
  • makeachange22
    Options
    calories. i use to do weight watchers (old school) not this points crap worked like a charm. now i just make sure i eat my calories, and through healthy foods not junk nor cookies. veggies, fruits, breads, getting the pyramid in ! and i havent eaten processed meat since 2010 unless necessary
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Medical issues forced me to follow a higher protein/higher fat, lower carbohydrate intake. I no longer consume foods from breads, flour, rice, pasta, corn, potatoes etc. I get extremely sick if I consume those food items...

My carbohydrates come from vegetables, and Im limited to only one serving of fruit per day from the berry-family if I want them.

Ive dropped the first 49lbs and right now is a bit of a plateau which is perfectly ok by me. I am though, still under medical care and the elimination of the grains/breads family of food/ingredients will be a life-long total restriction.
  • pattysmith72
    Options
    wow, thanks everyone. I am lowering my calories, and avoiding all the junk foods...its hard, unless I make 2 meals for dinner, I still am getting too many carbs. (I think) I have actually been staying very true to avoiding the things I shouldn't have. my biggest problem with following the diabetic diet is the snacks, I can remember the bed time snack,
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am a diabetic...but I use insulin. Not sure what type you are. But, my diary is open, and its working for me. Feel free to check it out and add me if you like :)