My scale is driving me nuts!

Options
emtjmac
emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
So I've been using this scale:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Health-o-meter-Silver-Body-Fat-Monitoring-Scale/10264537

I have tried it all over my bathroom and kitchen and I must have uneven floors or something because I'm constantly getting different readings within a 10 pound range. Is there a better scale out there? Should I try a regular scale instead of a digital one?!

Replies

• MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Scales suck... Take measurements.. listen to your body .. see how you feel .. are your clothes feeling loose?

Your body will fluctuate its weight on a daily basis.. Food goes in you get heavier... food goes out you get lighter..

Don't get jacked up over the number... focus on the more important aspects above...Put it in one spot LEAVE it there.. and Get up first thing in the morning get naked and weight your self... weight your self once a week
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Forget the scale. I don't remember the last time I weighed myself.

Take pictures and take measurements.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I just bought this scale the other day because my old one would move 5 pounds if I blinked at it. I think it was $38 at Target:

http://www.taylorusa.com/weight-management/glass-electronic-scales/glass-lithium-electronic-scale.html

I chose it because it had big numbers and was so wide I figured it would be reliable with weight shifts. I have a 100+ year old house with uneven floors. No matter where I put the scale in my house it gives the same readings within 4 oz. It's not fancy. I am very happy with it.
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I feel your frustration...Join me, I'm not stepping on another scale till next month around this time... come on, we can do it!!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    How long have you had it? It may need a new battery.

I have a health o meter scale too and love it.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I use a Weight Watchers digital and although it varies a little more than my old one which was a Taylor digital (bit the dust when I spilled Lysol on it) . It is usually the same within 0.2 lb. It does have a little quirk that I deal with in that it seems to retain the old weight and if I want to be super accurate I weigh myself with an object in my hand and then I weigh myself alone a second timefor my true weight. It sounds a little obsessive .but I like weighing everyday which works for me. If you have a hard time dealing with small ups and downs weighing all the time may not be for you.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Move it around until you weight the least amount..then leave it there or always weight yourself in the spot. :)
  • emtjmac
    Options
    Hahaha I am tempted to just keep moving it around until I get a number I like.
  • emtjmac
    Options
    I just bought this scale the other day because my old one would move 5 pounds if I blinked at it. I think it was $38 at Target:

http://www.taylorusa.com/weight-management/glass-electronic-scales/glass-lithium-electronic-scale.html

I chose it because it had big numbers and was so wide I figured it would be reliable with weight shifts. I have a 100+ year old house with uneven floors. No matter where I put the scale in my house it gives the same readings within 4 oz. It's not fancy. I am very happy with it.

Thanks! This scale looks great!
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    That is weird to me. I have the same scale and it is almost 4 years old. I have never done anything to it and every where I move it I weight the same. Someone else earlier this year had the same problem. I recommended trying new batteries. Mine is still exactly one pound off from the doctors office.

I do agree with the measuring too. If you scale is not working, it is just a number. What is more important is being healthy and toned. Years ago the scale said 160-165 (overweight) which no one believed until I showed them because I was in a size 4 or 6.

See just a number. How you feel is more important.