Which beer is ok to drink?

Options

Replies

• pbamerson
    pbamerson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Drink Guinness. Low in calories and tasty.

This guy is absolutely right. Guiness is in the top 10 of low calorie beers. :)

Not only is it lower in calories, it is heavier and will make you feel "fuller". :-)
  • careyannal
    careyannal Posts: 161
    Options
    Whatever your favorite beer is, plan to get one, or heck, maybe two. Normal beers are around 160 calories. I wouldn't bother with the diet ones, gross.

Log the calories the night before (or ASAP). Then you'll be able to work around it, eat a bit less for lunch, go for a long run to earn a few more calories... that sort of thing.

Good advice!

I try to log before hand so I know how many I can drink. Maybe eat one less snack for that day.

Enjoy your night out!
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    any IPA is ok to drink.
  • waynekp1981
    Options
    Personally...I would say that most beers are okay to drink....I don`t think too many beers are laced with cyanide or anything like that.

I`ve had the occasional beer since I started with MFP, I`m not completely disallowing alcohol, but I am really limiting what I drink. I think most things are alright in moderation.

All that being said, my two favorite types of beer are free beer and cold beer!
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    Drink Guinness. Low in calories and tasty.

This guy is absolutely right. Guiness is in the top 10 of low calorie beers. :)

Not only is it lower in calories, it is heavier and will make you feel "fuller". :-)

Actually it's lighter. As in lower specific gravity. This is one of the reasons it floats on top in a black & tan.
  • snappled
    snappled Posts: 48
    Options
    i would say if you have gone two months without it then why not go two months more and continue that.
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    uuuuh freaking love beer!! Do a tough workout and drink your calories away i say! lol but been sticking to budlight has pretty decent low calories... but i love all beer so its tuff to go from the good stuff to the water down stuff... :drinker:
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Even though I like draft beer much better, I find I drink less if I order it in bottles.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I told my friends that if I ever see them drinking a Bud55 or Miller 64, I would personally kick their @$$.
    It may be fewer calories, but if you're going to "waste" calories on beer, drink the good stuff and enjoy. Its called LIFE. Live it.

I think I have a crush on you now.

There are some things worth compromising on to save calories, Beer should not be one of those things.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    MGD 64.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I told my friends that if I ever see them drinking a Bud55 or Miller 64, I would personally kick their @$$.
    It may be fewer calories, but if you're going to "waste" calories on beer, drink the good stuff and enjoy. Its called LIFE. Live it.

THIS IS THE ANSWER!!! ---- end thread!
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I bloody love a proper cask ale or beer, so for me it all depends on what the pub has on tap. My dad's brewery does a lovely hopped lager called Republika that is gorgeous, and they're just starting to bring it into pubs. This past week I've been in Yorkshire, though, so I've mostly been drinking York Brewery beers if I drank one. Mmm Guzzler.

If I'm drinking a bottled beer, it's probably something akin to a Waggledance or IPA. Or Hobgoblin.

But being summer, I've been drinking cider. I love cider. Proper scrumpies, and fruit ciders, and *drool*.

But seeing as you're not in the UK, this probably doesn't help an awful lot :D Go for a local craft beer. If you're drinking a beer, you might as well drink a beer.
  • bsierras
    bsierras Posts: 56
    Options

LOVE IT!! LIVE IT!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Ever since I've been on my weight plan, I haven't had any type of alcohol and its probably been about two months. My friends invited me to a bar and I would love to go because Im starting to get cabin fever. Im just not sure what to drink at the bar without compromising my calories and I dont want to go back to my current weight all because I didnt know which beer to drink. Any advice?

You can drink any beer you want, personally I'd stay away from the big huge breweries, as their beer isn't very good

What he said.
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yuengling is the correct answer.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I am a beer drinker myself and my beer of choice is Bud Light Platinum, it's full flavored, more alcohol so I drink less to get the same buzz (137 calories) and it comes in pretty blue bottles! :flowerforyou:

Going to a bar one night with your friends isn't going to put you back to your original weight though so drink what you enjoy and then go back to your alcohol fasting for another couple of months. Good luck!

Cheers! :drinker:
  • Rachelle_Ohh
    Rachelle_Ohh Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    "I drink a Summer Shandy gets the party go-ING!" :P
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Whatever your favorite beer is, plan to get one, or heck, maybe two. Normal beers are around 160 calories. I wouldn't bother with the diet ones, gross.

Log the calories the night before (or ASAP). Then you'll be able to work around it, eat a bit less for lunch, go for a long run to earn a few more calories... that sort of thing.

Good advice!

I try to log before hand so I know how many I can drink. Maybe eat one less snack for that day.

Enjoy your night out!

ditto!!

I'm from Wisconsin. Follow the advice above and drink your favorite! And also follow the other good advice I saw...don't drink cheap beer!
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Heineken light is 95 calories. It's not the calories that will get you.

For me, I noticed that I feel initially dehydrated. The day after, it will make you retain water.

Drinking is not good for your diet.
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My PSA for the day ~ Please don't drink diet beer, for it is supa lame!

:-P