Wedding Dress

Options
I'm getting married. Had my first dress fitting, and she told me she had to let it out or I had to lose weight. UGH. I weight 100lbs doesn't seem fair! So...I need some motivation lol.

Replies

• jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I don't know how tall you are but I would think you need to tighten up if you weigh 100lbs. I would just do some cardio and ab work but I wouldn't loose more. You look great!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    If you weight 100 lbs don't loose weight. Unless your below 5 feet that wouldn't be healthy.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    what height are you and what is your BMI?

dont take what everyone says you heart, you dont sound as if you need to lose weight :flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    definately need to know the height to calculate ur BMI. 100lbs sounds like there's not much to lose, and if there is ur body will really not want to lose it and you may end up getting really frustrated because of it.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    definately need to know the height to calculate ur BMI. 100lbs sounds like there's not much to lose, and if there is ur body will really not want to lose it and you may end up getting really frustrated because of it.
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    BMI is a poor indication of health and fitness. If you describe yourself as skinny fat, I'd pick up the weights and find a good weight training program. I'm finishing up a Master's in Exercise Science, PM if you have any questions or need a few pointers to get you going!
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    either way, don't be frustrated with yourself for not being "thin enough." Be frustrated at stupid dress companies that make dresses that don't fit people over 100 pounds! Honestly, who is their target market group, 12-year-olds?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    either way, don't be frustrated with yourself for not being "thin enough." Be frustrated at stupid dress companies that make dresses that don't fit people over 100 pounds! Honestly, who is their target market group, 12-year-olds?

My 12 year old weighs more than 100 pounds-- try 8 year olds.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    My question is: what do YOU think? How do you feel about it? I weigh over 200, and I feel like a queen in my wedding dress (getting married in August).

I think that as long as you feel strong in your body, you will glow on your day. Let the seamstress know what is best for you; you're paying them afterall!