Logging calories and meals...

Options
2»

Replies

• eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Sometimes before, sometimes after. If I know I'm going out to eat one day, I'll log the food I'm going to order before I go.

Most days I log after...usually soon after the meal. I don't wait until the end of the day to log it all. Doing it throughout the day helps me keep track of how much I have left and helps me plan my next meal.

When do you log?

I usually log before. So I know how much I'm getting of my macro nutrients (protein, carbs, fat) so I know if I need to cut back on one thing or another.
  • kkwebster
    kkwebster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I log while I am eating as often as possible. This way I can stop myself if something is more calories then i thought (I can half portion or not eat it) For me it keeps me from binging or getting too much and getting discouraged.

On weekends I log after because I have no way to log until Sunday night when I get home (I have an odd seasonal job that keeps me away from civilization).

The only time I log before is if I plan ahead... and unfortunately, I don't ge that luxury often at all :p
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I typically log them after... but I have a good idea of how many cals a lot of the stuff I consume is worth now. :) I really need to get better at eating clean tho... I still eat a LOT of craptacular food