Don't Quite Understand It

Options
I've been logging my food intake the last 3 days and each day I've had like 500 calories or more left over, I do run 5 times a week so obviously my suggested calorie intake goes up, tonight for example I have over 1000 calories left!! Maybe I'm not eating enough?

Can them calories be used up by anything like crisps, junk food etc or do you still have to remain healthy?

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

Replies

• kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Rather than eat junk just to make your calorie count go up, look through the days you've had and learn from them.

Look at your macros. Are you getting enough protein? Fat? If not, go back to your meals and see where you can add some healthy foods in tomorrow and the day after, etc.

I was sorely lacking in calories and fat because I have the low-fat mentality, which I'm working on expelling, and because I tend to try to save my calories for the end of the day (probably afraid that I'll be hungry and not have any calories left), and then I can't eat all that I have left. I added some much needed fat to my diet by buying regular food instead of fat-free, and I added a "second breakfast" early in my day.
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with Katharita. Don't eat junk just to up your calories. If you need to boost your calories, try adding in some full fat dairy, nuts/nut butters and seeds, avocado, healthy oils, fatty fish, etc. It's amazing how those calories add up, and there is nutrition behind them.

If you are comfortable doing so, you can make you diary public. Then folks can give you some more specific advice.

Good luck!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I've been logging my food intake the last 3 days and each day I've had like 500 calories or more left over, I do run 5 times a week so obviously my suggested calorie intake goes up, tonight for example I have over 1000 calories left!! Maybe I'm not eating enough?

Can them calories be used up by anything like crisps, junk food etc or do you still have to remain healthy?

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

Technically, you can fill those calories with anything, yes. This program is mainly about calories in vs. calories out. However, it's healthier for you to think about having maybe 20% of your calories be "Fun" and focus the other 80% on getting good nutrition.

It's easier to eat all those calories if you add a few to every meal and snack throughout the day instead of waiting until you've already performed your workout.