Aspartame

Options
So I've been drinking Fit & Active Lemonade (a very low calorie drink) in addition to water. I cant drink just water all the time. But now I find out it has Aspartame in it (an artificial sweetener) which is supposedly really bad for your health. Aspartame is used in a lot of diet drinks as a sugar substitute. I was told to throw it away and not drink it anymore cause its toxic to your system. I'm kinda mad cause it was good. Does anyone know any drinks that do not have this in it? Has anyone heard about this? I looked it up on the internet and there are a lot of websites saying it can do a lot of damage to your body.

Replies

• raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    you could make some tea sweetened with splenda, truvia, or stevia (no cal sweeteners) and chill it. Then you know exactly what is in it.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have recently stopped eating ANYTHING with aspartame in it, I can't even find gum hardly without that crap in it! I usually just drink green tea, brew it myself, no sugar. If I do want it a little sweet, I will add a teaspoon of sugar, 15 cals to me is better than consuming aspartame!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I have recently stopped eating ANYTHING with aspartame in it, I can't even find gum hardly without that crap in it! I usually just drink green tea, brew it myself, no sugar. If I do want it a little sweet, I will add a teaspoon of sugar, 15 cals to me is better than consuming aspartame!

Totally agree. Also, you could use honey (although there are quite a bit of calories but it's worth it).
    The more natural the food or drink the lower the chance is of it haveing additives (and less harmful for your health).