New, learning to eat right finally! Need to lose 100 lbs

Options
Hi all!

I was referred to this site by a friend I met at a reunion party. I've been on "BodySpace" for a while... last year I started to lift weights for the first time. All other types of sports/exercises were hard on me due to my high heart rate. When I found weight lifting, I was in love!!!

I also do cardio... but it is just walking at the moment. My heart rate shoots up way too high.

I've done 2, 12 week weight lifting courses, and working on my second Kris Gethin, 12 week course. I'm in my 6th week now!

Problem was... that I didn't lose the weight! I would hit plateaus that just wouldn't shake it. Sure, I was feeling better and getting more toned/stronger, and I was sugar free, and eating clean... but I was following the online trainer's advice of fist size portions. I got the "CronOmeter" program to count the calories, but it said that I was never eating enough food. So, here I was, stuffing myself to the core and not able to get enough food in on all of those "6" meals a day! LOL!!! I thought my body was in "starvation mode" and needed me to stuff that food in! BOY WAS I WRONG!!! LOL!!!!
I got an account on here and realized that I was eating WAY TOO MUCH! So.... hopefully, I'll have things finally under wraps and I can get this weight off now!
6 meals a day still, but now much SMALLER and more manageable portions, :)

I'm hoping to finally lose 100 lbs, and get around 130 ish. I'm 236 right now. I also have a big huge belly from having multiples 3 years ago... that is my biggest challenge.

Would love any and all friends on here to help me stay motivated! Thanks all!!

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee, 48. Please feel free to add me for support and motivation. I eat 5-6 small meals a day as well and eat a high protein diet.
  • chocobo93
    chocobo93 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Do your best! You seem very motivated and I'm sure you can do it. Since you do so much muscle training maybe it would be good for you to take measurements of your body so that if the weight doesn't seem to be coming off (due to muscle gain) then hopefully you'll see results in your measurements decreasing. Just a thought. I'm no expert, so I definitely could be wrong.