6 days in & Looking for motivation!

Options
Hey Everyone!

So, after quite a long time and many failed attempts to lose weight, I'm buckling down. I am 4'11 and 165 lbs. I want to lose 55 lbs. I have a long road ahead of me and could use all the help & advice you're willing to give. I would love to have friends on here to keep me motivated and to join me on my weight loss journey!

My biggest goal is to be down 30-35 lbs by December 1st. I know it seems a bit outrageous, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes. Any advice or meal suggestions (really anything you can say to help) is welcome!

Have a great day!
Mrs. Smith

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to mfp. My name is Kimberlee, 48. Please feel free to add me and we can make this journey together.
  • neveradullmoment
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! :flowerforyou:

Please feel free to add me, the more support the better!

Karen
  • Kirlene
    Kirlene Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I've only been here 5 days and lost 4 lbs, looking for some motivation , please feel free to add me
  • SynicalEnvee
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'd love to help you and encourage you on your weight loss journey. You can do it !
  • trevpimp
    trevpimp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work.
    remember to always track in your calories cuz it helps u remember you need to eat less ;)
  • StaceyJ52
    Options
    Hi, I am 5 week into weight loss program, 14 lbs down. Started at 411 lbs. Have an embarrassing question. Noticed new stretch marks at bottom of stomach and now bleeding in stomach/leg folds. What do I do? Looked up on internet said it was skin on skin irritation. I am pretty freaked out. Anybody know about this and how to deal with it? Thank you.
  • dfisher88
    dfisher88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm 42 and been here for 45days!
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like! Keep up the good work and stay focused!
  • katkat28
    katkat28 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm also 4'11" and 171 lbs. Today is day 5 for me....I feel hopeful and excited for a stronger body and healthier lifestyle, yet afraid to fail again. No room for self doubt....I can do it and so can you! Best of luck in week 2:)
  • MrsW214
    MrsW214 Posts: 7
    Options
    The biggest help for me so far has just been to be vigilant about tracking my calories everyday for everything that I consume. It has made me really pay attention to what I'm eating and I have cut out or cut back on a lot of things because of it. And even things that aren't very high in calories can have crazy high fat, carbs, sugar, etc so they have been cut back or eliminated as well. Taking a hard look at what you eat and making some small changes can make a huge difference in losing weight but not starving yourself all the time.
    Also tracking my exercise and calories burned has been a big eye opener. I think 'I burned 200 calories walking this morning, do I really want to ruin that work by over indulging on something' usually the answer is no.
    Good luck and stay focused, making mini-goals for yourself along the way can be very rewarding as well, so you can celebrate even the little hurdles.
  • wobblebaby
    Options
    Hi my name is Willie Ann, please feel free to add me, we can be on the journey for a short period of time, because I need to lose over 100lbs. but we can do it, just take one day at a time, because it is a journey.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You do have a good goal.
    4 months is a good time frame, every time you feel the need to consume
    something off diet just think:
    It's only 4 months, stay the course,
    Give yourself a great gift.

I have found it is much easier not to eat that fatty food
    then to eat just a little,
    for me once I get the taste I want more and more.
    Good going!
  • scrang37
    scrang37 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can do this:wink: Just take it one day at a time. Log everything you put into your mouth! lol. This keeps you accountable and honest with yourself. Remember, it's about a lifestyle change. Feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey.
  • sustainablehealth
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 14 lbs that is amazing!

Skin on skin irritation can happen and does happen to many people. You are not alone. You can manage it.

Key things to remember for your skin, after bathing, really let your skin dry off well. Any moisture in folds of skin can lead to bacteria growth, infections. If it has been happening for a while, check in with your doctor for any antibacterial ointments that he/she may recommend.

I wish you great success on your journey!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/290218-belly-fat-rashes/
  • kendrabbj
    Options
    Hi! Just started today and would love some friends for support!
  • CassieLyle
    Options
    You can do this.. Today is actually day 5 for me.. Im so ready to watch this weight fall off me... Just wish it worked quicker! Your doing incredible.. Add me..