NSV- Donating Blood!!

Options
I am beyond ecstatic to be able to post this today! A large series of random events led to one of my first non scale victories in my journey!
It basically starts with me having to go pick up a prescription from the drug store. I put it off till about 6:30 then finally left. I passed my old church where I had noticed a sign for a blood drive a few days prior and had wanted to go. "Oh no was that TODAY?" Of course it was. But it was until 7! So I quickly picked up my pills and headed back.
Now, a bit of a back story. I had tried to give blood at a previous point in my life where I was 300 pounds or more. I have a naturally high pulse, but I was so overweight and out of shape that they denied me from actually donating. I was heartbroken. I really wanted to be able to give my blood to help other people who might need it!
So today, when they did my vitals, I was nervous as anything!! But low and behold, from my weightloss and exercise I have brought my resting heart rate down considerably! And more than enough to donate blood that could possibly save someone's life. What an amazing feeling!! Let's just say I'll be doing it again in the future! Thanks for listening guys. <3

bd7307da.jpg

Replies

• WarningBell
    Options
    Such an amazing accomplishment, you inspire me! LOVE YOU<3
  • WarningBell
    Options
    ..and yes, you do make a difference :)
  • reneeeeeh
    Options
    Awesome!! Love giving blood, such a self-less thing to do!
  • 118R3volution
    Options
    Great story! I've given blood twice, and will continue to do so! =)
  • Stargirlsmiles88
    Stargirlsmiles88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I love donating blood, so I understand your desire to do so! Way to go!
  • lynda155
    lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wonderful NSV!!! Congratulations and Thank you for Donating ... It is awesome!
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Now thats a wonderful NSV
  • sheilarosella
    sheilarosella Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    congrats amazing accomplishment ..great story gives me chills..fellow donate here
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    amazing! thanks for donating blood, its such a great thing to do, each donation helps 4 ppl!
  • dluechtefeld
    dluechtefeld Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just fantastic! You've done something that few here have done in their weight loss journey, which is to measure success by how it affects your ability to help others.

You should be very, very proud that in this journey, your heart has lost no weight at all :-)
  • dawnmarie57
    dawnmarie57 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV...God Bless You!!!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I donate when I can too! So nice to help a stranger in need :)
    What a great accomplishment! You should be sooo proud!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Congrats for your NSV, weight loss and for giving of yourself. It really is a great feeling knowing you are helping someone else.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • omgdinosaurs
    Options
    You guys are going to make me cry! Thank you all so much for the kind and heartfelt words. You are all amazing people as well and I can't thank you enough for the support!!
  • dotmango
    dotmango Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is the best NSV EVER!
  • RancidPolecat2
    Options
    Donating is awesome, but if you intend to do it regularly (i.e. more than twice a year), discuss it with your doctor.
  • theNurseNancy
    Options
    YOU ARE AWESOME
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Way to go superstar! That is awesome! Win!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!