How long before you noticed change?

Options
I'm down 7lbs since I've started late June and although it's not much, it's something. I don't expect to see my body changed yet, although I feel changed. I feel amazing, more energetic, and I have more self esteem. My question is, how many pounds did you lose before you saw change in your body? :)

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    about 10…but I am 5'8"
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Honestly for me it was 20 pounds, but everyone is different, and now every once in a while I will find some old clothes that fit me great!
  • yummymummy65
    yummymummy65 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've found the visual change harder to detect. I've found that my clothes tend to get looser for every 5 lbs or so that I lose.
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hello honey
    It has taken me seven and a half months and 36lbs (lost some before I joined MFP) before I have started to see a change in my figure. I am a lot heavier than you though and have a heck of a lot more to lose. The bigger you are (I think) the longer it takes to show.
    I put on weight all over, so its a little bit off of each part i guess lol.
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    I felt a change in less than 2 weeks. I didn't see it until 4 weeks when I took photos and measurements. Everyone else has started to notice this week, which is 8 weeks.
  • TLCkirby
    TLCkirby Posts: 12
    Options
    I've been only here 80-something days and lost 20.2 pounds. I could tell my clothes were fitting better but I didn't SEE the difference when I looked in the mirror.

UNTIL I put my starting picture and my current picture next to each other in a collage did I notice the difference!!
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    for me it was about 10 as well. because i lose quickly from the torso on up, all my shirts started fitting nicely right away. i'm down 15 so it looks even nicer

i think only about 3lb. of it is gone from my hips though. i can wear a junior small t shirt and still be sporting a 12 jeans :sad:
  • forhisdivineglory
    Options
    your doing grrt. Keep up the good work.
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    I'm 10 pounds down. Although I don't feel like I look all that different, it was a fantastic feeling to put on a pair of shorts this morning and have them be too loose for a change (;
  • Ilovetrish
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'm just asking because my pants are still super tight. I should have taken measurements when I started but I barely did for the first time today.
  • Ilovetrish
    Options
    I think I'm noticing my upper body looking slimmer also. Mostly my arms and under my breasts in the rib age area.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    For me, it was about 10-15 - others started noticing at 20! Now, at 35... I can't believe it and it feels AMAzing! I love it here!
  • Raaless
    Raaless Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have lost 14 lbs since July. There are days I can see the change, and days I think it's all in my mind. However, clothes are beginning to fit better. I am currently at 169 lbs. I have been wearing uk size 18 jeans, which is now lose on me. I can fit into an old pair of size 14 NZ jeans. But does it show? Dont know as no one has commented yet. And it's hard to tell when you see yourself in the mirror every day. Am meeting my mum after 6 months end of the month. I guess that for me should be a true test. But keep doing what you are doing. Changes will continue to happen and it will start showing at some stage.....keep focused. X
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I still don't see it in the mirror... but I feel infinitely better when I am working out (I notice the difference when I don't), and feel better in general than before when I was 15 pounds heavier. Recently however I HAVE started to feel muscles! I've been working out the whole time I've been dieting, but only in the last few months have I really started to ramp it up. My arms are starting to feel tougher, and I'm anxious to be able to SEE the difference!
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between 15 and 20 pounds I noticed that my clothes weren't so tight. A belt I had purchased (the largest one at Target) fit only in the last notch and it was tight. I now am using the third notch, so I know there is a real change. My highly unscientific measurement of my waist and hips reveals more than a 2" loss.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I didn't really notice a change until I lost about 15 pounds, but I had a guy at the grocery store say I looked like I lost weight when I lost about 8 pounds. I am not sure why he said it, but maybe he noticed something I didn't. I noticed the muscle tone and definition after about 12 pounds lost. I can really tell in my back and now after 15, in my sides. It is really amazing me, so I occasionally poke myself... lol ... it is kinda fun to feel the muscles that I haven't felt in years now.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Not until I started taking progress pictures, and at about 20lbs I started to notice. :)