Low cost recipes meant for two?

Options
My husband and I are working on losing weight. Per MFP, I need about 1500 cal per day, and usually i'm not that hungry. My husbands BMR is 2500 cal per day. I am trying to rein in our food budget, which is currently out of control. We do shop at Aldi's, but seem to go through lots of milk, yogurt and cereal, as well as frozen pizzas and canned tuna (all his favorite foods). What I have a hard time with is planning meals and shopping that plan - I'm an MBA student with online classes, so I'm always home, and my husband is a disabled vet, so he's always home. So there is alot of temptation to eat out just to get out of the house, and to have junk food, even though we have the ability and time to make healthy meals.

"No" foods are any nuts (high allergy levels), and anything like tofu. Other than that we are really open, so long as it's not expensive. I like the idea of clean eating, but I think it will take a little while to switch over. We love love love fish, and eat alot of chicken and pork (the cheap cuts), but I always seem to prep the same ways.

Thank you!