HRM Recommendations?

Options
I want to get myself a heart rate monitor with a chest strap, not just a 'watch' one, but I can't spend more than about £40 on it unless I wait til Christmas, and I don't want to wait that long! Does anyone have any recommendations in this price range?

Replies

• invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I would really wait until you can afford a polar FT4 or FT7. I went cheap (£25) because I didn't want to wait and the damn thing sucks. Should've waited and paid the £55 Amazon sell the FT4 for. It's got rave reviews.
  • katymcd81
    katymcd81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks invisibubble (love the username!) :) So with HRMs, it's a case of 'you get what you pay for'? I definitely should get a decent one then! Are the polar ones swim-proof? I know there is a garmin forerunner one that is, but not sure if that has the chest strap? I have read a chest strap is more accurate than the watch on its own, which is why I'm bothered about that. Hmm, I wonder if ebay might have a bargain or two? :bigsmile:
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT4 mine was 63.88 but they do i have one for 39.99 i love mine it's very right on every time.so that's what i would get.I didn't pay tax or shipping cost.
  • katymcd81
    katymcd81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT4 mine was 63.88 but they do i have one for 39.99 i love mine it's very right on every time.so that's what i would get.I didn't pay tax or shipping cost.

WHere was yours from?
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I believe it's water resistant to 30 metres? And yes, don't bother with anything that claims to be accurate that doesn't use a chest strap. It's not. I think Garmins are higher-end than Polar, no? I'd imagine they'd pretty much all come with a strap.