I actually had a dream about...

Options
having a free day. I've been doing this for three weeks. I've been under my calorie goal each day. In fact, I'm usually about 300 or more calories below. (Since I'm just starting out, I still lose at a deficit.) I know that lots of people take a free day, but isn't it hard to get back on track after?

Replies

• loztredders
    Options
    Some people find that it actually helps them stay on track, whereas some find it harder to start healthy again the next day. I guess it's going to be a case of finding out what works for you.
  • jenb41
    jenb41 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I worry about that as well. Usually, I will just sneak a little something in I wouldn't normally eat... like cake or ice cream rather than go with a whole free day. Of course I'm type 2 diabetic and have been able to go off all my insulin and meds and mantain normal numbers... so that drives me as well. I think its a personal choice. But if you really want to have something don't deny yourself... you'll end up sorry later. At least I would. ;) Good Luck!!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Why are you 300 calories below your target? Your target already has the weight loss figured in. At a certain point in reducing calories, diminishing returns do set it.
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    having a free day. I've been doing this for three weeks. I've been under my calorie goal each day. In fact, I'm usually about 300 or more calories below. (Since I'm just starting out, I still lose at a deficit.) I know that lots of people take a free day, but isn't it hard to get back on track after?

I've been doing this for just over 4 weeks and I recently had a free day. I'm still on track and sticking to my exercise and healthy eating. I just remind myself why I am doing this and I look forward to seeing the number on the scales going down and down.

Maybe don't have a whole cheat day, don't go crazy just eat healthy but spoil your self for lunch or have a yummy dessert.
    Have a great free day, i'm sure you will be able to stay on track :) let me know how you go.