for those who are at their goal weight

Options
2»

Replies

• PennyLane1114
    PennyLane1114 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was 175ish in November 2011 and am now 136- almost to my goal of 130. The beginning was the hardest part. I had to re-learn to eat and my relationship with food. When I started, I'd exercise multiple times a week doing mainly cardio for around 30 minutes, and then sometimes strength training. I eat when I'm hungry and I stop eating once I feel satisfied, not overly stuffed. Three months ago, I started serving tables at a restaurant. I am constantly walking, and sometimes even jogging lol, for 20 hours out of the week. I really think the key is to get moving. I don't eat the best foods all the time (because Ramen is worth eating for 4 years in turn for my college degree), but I don't beat myself up over it. I've still managed to maintain my weight at times of "plateau's" and also lose it, slowly but surely. All in all, I think it just boils down to changing your lifestyle a bit. Also, I've learned that you are in control of the food, the food is not in control of you. Best of luck!
  • PennyLane1114
    PennyLane1114 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was 175ish in November 2011 and am now 136- almost to my goal of 130. The beginning was the hardest part. I had to re-learn to eat and my relationship with food. When I started, I'd exercise multiple times a week doing mainly cardio for around 30 minutes, and then sometimes strength training. I eat when I'm hungry and I stop eating once I feel satisfied, not overly stuffed. Three months ago, I started serving tables at a restaurant. I am constantly walking, and sometimes even jogging lol, for 20 hours out of the week. I really think the key is to get moving. I don't eat the best foods all the time (because Ramen is worth eating for 4 years in turn for my college degree), but I don't beat myself up over it. I've still managed to maintain my weight at times of "plateau's" and also lose it, slowly but surely. All in all, I think it just boils down to changing your lifestyle a bit. Also, I've learned that you are in control of the food, the food is not in control of you. Best of luck!

I also forgot to add that I cut WAY back on alcohol and soda while starting MFP. Now, I'll have a beer and here and there, and a soda once in a blue moon. I think that was another huge factor that helped me lose all this weight.