Which of these people do you see at your gym?

Options

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Unlimited Minutes Gal is half the reason I stopped going to the gym and just bought myself an elliptical and some weights.

Unlimited Minutes Gal can sometimes morph into Bookend BFFs...those chicks who get on the machines on either side of you and talk OVER you. To each other. Happened so many freaking times to me. I don't get people who go to the gym and want to chat. I want to, you know, work out!

I thought texting was replacing talking on the phone.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I like working out directly beside weight dropper dude and doing 25-50% more weight without grunting and setting weights down so they dont so much as make a peep.

You don't HAVE to drop weights when doing anything, outside of maybe some Olympic lifts.

I really hate weight dropping. My favorite is guys who will say they have to drop them while doing flat bench. usually it's the guys doing too much weight with about half of even a decent range of motion who will defend dropping.

All the dumbells at my gym over 105 are slightly bent thanks to weight droppers.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I have never understood the purpose of making fun of others..weird huh

So... no sense of humor guy. Got it.

LMAO
  • asayer
    asayer Posts: 47
    Options
    this person:

Grunting Too Much Weight Dropper Dude.

Is at every gym I have ever been to, and I find it so annoying I sometimes have to leave, I feel like say ing 'shut up, and use your muscles to put the weights down properly!!"
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Unlimited Minutes Gal is half the reason I stopped going to the gym and just bought myself an elliptical and some weights.

Unlimited Minutes Gal can sometimes morph into Bookend BFFs...those chicks who get on the machines on either side of you and talk OVER you. To each other. Happened so many freaking times to me. I don't get people who go to the gym and want to chat. I want to, you know, work out!

I chat w/ my workout buddy on machines next to eachother. Helps the time pass
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have seen all of these at the gym when I went. I hate weight dropper dude and unlimited minute lady. the lady especially because she always wanted to talk to me even when my headphones where in.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Probably going to bite the bullet and say I'm double parked guy.

"Hey bro didn't you see my towel there! It's ok you can work in, I'm supersetting"
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it's because I spent so much of my life walking, either as a young person or on the job (or perhaps due to gyms being within walking distance) but, I've never understood the point of *driving* to a gym to spend 30 mins on a bike or a tread mill.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    UGh definitely double parked guy only it's many guys, they think that just cuz they have their circuit in their head no one else is supposed to use those machines even if he's not using them yet since he's on another machine. DUDE it's a public gym, I have to workout too.
    And also barbie girl, all makeup no workout.
    Thank god I will never see 'unnecessarily nude chatty guy" haha
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I workout at home in a sports bra and tiny shorts. So the only hot slutty chick I see is myself in the mirror. :wink:
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    "Unnecessarily Nude Chatty Guy"
    :laugh: my boyfriend says there's ALWAYS at least one of these every time we go. he had one guy in there stretching while chatting.. completely naked, of course.
  • zobqueen
    zobqueen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Too funny!
    :laugh:
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    This is funny, good one -

This is who's at my gym!

Gallon Jug of Water Guy. He takes it with him to every station he goes to, along with his beach towel and remarkable hair shirt. He sweats like a priest in a bordello, leaving small ponds of goop on every bench. Sadly, the towel is applied only to himself.

On the Way to Work Stripper. She has just 20 minutes to get in some sit-ups and power lunges before her shift at Cheerleaders. These are also the 20 minutes when more cumulative weight gets lifted by males than the rest of the day combined. It's no use, of course. Her boyfriend is Grunting Too Much Weight Dropper Dude.

I go to 2 different gyms.

Planet Fitness - so there's no big muscle, grunting guys, thank God. Mostly old people in the morning. Then I go to Choice Fitness - a better gym with more hott men and women - more grunting and barbie doll types! Depends on my mood and who I am with, where I go that day.

When I went to a gym, this is what I ran into most often. LOL

I failed to see my category "sweating too much kind of sloppy girl". I go in with a jacked up looking pony tail and whatever is comfortable and no make up on. I don't talk to anyone. I sweat too much and end up with big sweat spots on my clothing in awkward places. BUT... since my booty sweats, I DO clean it off the machines because... well if you don't that's just nasty. LOL

I'm "sweating too much kind of sloppy girl" too!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't see Onion Vagina on that list. Apparently, she only goes to my gym.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options

oh sweet lord, bad image right there.
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options

I think I've met her sister at a previous gym I went to, in Toronto.

As for the initial articles, I've previously encountered "Grunting Too Much Weight Dropper Dude," "1986 Man" (does having an ancient discman count?), "Gallon Jug of Water Guy," and "Double-Parked Guy." Thankfully, I don't fall into any of these categories. I DO sweat a lot, but I really can't help it (you would, too, if you were wearing the equivalent of a 120 lb fat suit), and I always clean up after myself.

I have names for plenty of OTHER characters I have come across in gyms, over the years. I just encountered a new one yesterday, actually, and made a blog post to try and come up with a nickname. You know, because I'm not above making fun of people behind their backs. At least, not when they act like jerks in the weight room!
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Pudadough and Taylor are on my friends' list, and I'm happy about it.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    THere is a couple missing

Token Naked Asian Woman (or of any race, at my gym its old asian women)- The woman who walks around the locker room naked for 30min+ after swimming/sitting in sauna.

Push/Pull Guy- All he does is push ups and pull ups.... everyday.

BAMFF (Aka That woman who lifts)- Only female in the weight section, getting stared at by all males while lifting. Getting sweaty and can be heard making womanly grunts if you are close enough.

I am the BAMFF at my gym.
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I totally hate "old" people at my gym. They get a free "Silver Sneakers" pass, and come in to socialize with each other. Hog the machines while talking or resting. Won't let me work in. Hope I never get "that old".
  • scottg1024
    scottg1024 Posts: 224
    Options
    Definitely the "Unnecessary Nude Chatty Guy" - though it's often a group of 4 - 6 of them. You go to the Y expecting to use the elliptical that's by the big screen and maybe catch College Gameday, only to find this "gang" sitting buck-*kitten*-naked on the bouncy balls watching the Sci-Fi Channel. Eeeeewwwwww....