LEAP DAY check in Easter Fitness Challenge

Options
Hi ladies,

today is Yoga for an hour, and I'm feeling that it will be heavy on the child's pose.

and recovering from the most brutal workout ever yesterday! We have a new weight/spinning instructor at our gym, and apparently someone complained she didn't work us hard enough last week.

Typing even hurts a bit, but I love it! It's been a long time since I have had such an a#@ kicking!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

today is Yoga for an hour, and I'm feeling that it will be heavy on the child's pose.

and recovering from the most brutal workout ever yesterday! We have a new weight/spinning instructor at our gym, and apparently someone complained she didn't work us hard enough last week.

Typing even hurts a bit, but I love it! It's been a long time since I have had such an a#@ kicking!

:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I was hoping you would post first. I always like an instructor that will push me. Did pretty good yesterday though with 40 minutes on elliptical, 30 minutes for weights, and an extra 20 minute walk.

The walk had an interesting bit though. Friend and I found a baby squirrel. Put it back in the tree, but mom never came. Now baby squirrel has to go to rescue today. Yep, it's spring here already. sigh, yard work season for the next 9 months. It's good for me, right?

Oh, and what's better than a kitten on your shoulder? Two kittens on your shoulder. The shelter I volunteer at has large enclosures with 4-6 kittens each. When you need a pick-me-up, just go in and get covered in kitten. It's a wonderful experience. Sometimes there are puppies at the shelter as well, if that is your thing.
    The kitten in the picture is mine and he's all grown up now.
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Uugh. I wrote a message and then lost it! Let's see if I can remember the highlights...

It's the end of February ~ a sixth of the way through the year! And, closer to the end of our Easter Challenge. Everyone is doing such an outstanding job with their exercise commitment. You are all an inspiration and I am hoping to be able to get my numbers right up there with all of you. Thanks for the motivation!

I rode my bike last night, drank my waters, and took my vitamins & meds. I filled in another chart ~ I guess I'll go shopping this weekend! Unfortunately I gained weight as expected ~ FOUR lbs! This up and down weight has been going on for 10 weeks now. It has GOT to stop. I'm praying that with a rededication to eating and an increase in exercise I will start to see a change these next few weeks. My blood pressure is just way too high, even with my meds, so hopefully something will kick into gear with that as well.

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Have a SUPER weekend!
    Niccole
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Niccole, maybe when you get all the meds balanced you'll drop a big chunck at once! Stay optimistic, you are awesome and a pillar of strength to us all!

Did my 60 min aerobics; upped my weights yesterday and am actually sore today :sad: so the resistance part of the aerobics kicked my butt. All good though.

I made it through a week and remembered my vitamin every day!!! Thanks Niccole for the charting, it's made a big difference for the little things in life I'm trying to change.

We can do this together and kick butt for March & Easter :flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Weigh in day :frown: I was hoping I would at least maintain this week, but nope. Up 2 lbs. Some of that could be water, seeing as how I just checked and I had almost 4,500 mg of sodium yesterday :sick: OOPS! Forgot to take my vitamin for 3 days in a row. OOPS! Did work out this a.m. but dd, who has a ski trip today, wandered out in the middle of it and there went the rest of the workout! I can't really blame her - she was excited. First ski trip ever :happy: So there it is. Time to refocus and regroup a little and keep right on trucking! Yay - March tomorrow!! :flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and greetings from the road! I am so glad that I didn't give up on finding a gym near my hotel -- I was at the end of my rope after getting lost downtown then finding a few places that were closed, but I finally prevailed and found one near my hotel. Yay! I only had time to squeeze in 20 minutes on the bike and some situps but I'll be back again tonight.

Good luck!
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    core fitness this morning for 25 min.

Its raining horribly her today and gale force winds so we got soaked through to the bone when we went for a walk 1 hr felt like 3. Had to change when we got home and boy did I feel cold so we snuggled on the sofa for and hour with the heating on and watched cinderella my daughters favourite I am sure she knows all the words she watches it that often.

Rain stopped at lunch time so we walked to school another 30 mins.

Quiet night tonight with the exception of the wind howling past the house all the boats are cancelled tonight because of the weather .

Overdosed on carbs for lunch (needed something good and warm in my tummy) didn't leave much for dinner eggs on toast was about all I could be bothered to make it is one of those days getting wet first thing does that to me I just can't be bothered when I cold and wet.

Oh well Saturday tomorrow new day and all that have a gr8 weekend (mothers day on sunday)
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Hi all. I took a break from my DVD's today and rode my bike for 10 miles instead. We are in for another foot of snow tonight and tomorrow so I will have some shoveling calories to eat tomorrow-YIPPEE:mad:
    I am soooo ready for spring! TGIF all:flowerforyou:
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    55 min Firm dvd with weights
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I didn't do anything today. I did laundry and ran a few errands and swept but no cardio. Just kind of stressed and bummed. And my girly came today. I will get back on track next week.