New food you have tried while dieting

Options

Replies

• mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Greek yogert. Clementine Cutie oranges. Black beans.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    not healthy, but found jalapeno potato chips and hardest thing to resist ever for me LOL:blushing:
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats and zuchinni.

Finding new recipes for old fave foods is helpful too.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Plain nonfat yogurt
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Vita tops (OMG delicious-TRY THEM!!), and quinoa so far. Now I want to try lentils, haha!

At our grocery store, we have bulk bins of foods like split peas and lentils. I make a soup with split green peas, yellow peas, orange peas, french lentils and regular lentils. I through some veggies and broth and cook it into the soup. My fiancee likes it exta creamy so I just pop it in the blender and done. The soup is wonderful!
  • THINk_kkaybbyx0
    Options
    I've always had trouble with eating snacks.. I always preferred to eat chips or cookies... So this isn't anything major, but I found these two healthy snacks that I LOVEEE & eat all of the time without feeling guilty & yet, still satisfies my cravings...

Sensible portions apple cinnamon straws
    (and) chipin's white cheddar popcorn chips.

Both to die for! Servings for the popcorn chips are 18 for 130-140 cal's
    & servings for the cinnamon straws are about 30 for 130-140 cal's

Try them! delicious!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I run a facebook dedicated to vegan/vegetarian dishes that are low in fat and full of fiber. My page has recipes and pictures of what the food looks like. There are tons of ways to make vegetables seem appetizing, I promise!

https://www.facebook.com/VeggieKidAmanda
  • snappled
    snappled Posts: 48
    Options
    icelandic haddock

more onions
    more bananas
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    quinoa
    polenta
    chia seeds
    kale
    soy milk
    almond milk
    flax milk
    edamame hummus
    fish oil
    brown rice bread crumbs
    bison
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    cilantro, roasted vegie egg white omelette; greek yogurt and plain frozen strawberries; gazpacho; ratatouille
  • Prestissima
    Prestissima Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Soy things, chick peas, beans.
  • annadolezalova
    annadolezalova Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, agave syrup, Knäckebrot, chickpeas
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    multi grain bread
    MorningStar Farms products
    veggie burgers in general

What I found amazing was that after I cut out 95% of my sweet, sugary things, I discovered a love of things that are naturally sweet and sugary tasting that I was never really into before, like the fruit and the peanut butter.
  • Jkelly1221
    Jkelly1221 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and veggie burgers! All of which I am now obsessed with :-)
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Quinoa
    Avocado
    PB2
  • MrsCaseyLane
    MrsCaseyLane Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Nutella, Kiwi, Blackberries and Raspberries are all things I never tried but LOVE now! Im wanting to try Avocado next.
  • lizzieollie
    Options
    I have recently tried quinoa instead of rice, I also have tried jicama and callord greens, I am trying to eat different types of vegetables too.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Smart and delicious low carb/high fiber whole wheat tortillas. Taste great and smalls are 50 calories.

Expensive but so worthwhile - I've subbed them for most of my bread.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    -Never ate yogurt. Hated the taste. I went all out, plain greek yogurt (which I add Stevia, honey, and fruit to). Eat it almost every day for breakfast now.

-Never had flatbread or pita before. I was using it almost exclusively for lunch for awhile but stopped for a few months. Bought some again yesterday.

-Almond milk. If you would have told me a year ago that I would be drinking 'milk' other than cow's milk I would have thought you were crazy.

-A sweetener other than granulated sugar. I hate truvia though and I can't stand stevia in my coffee. However, I'll have stevia or honey in almost everything else!

I'm sure there's lots of other things I can't think of off the top of my head right now. But those are the most prevalent in my diet.
  • haleyyh3
    haleyyh3 Posts: 14
    Options
    Love lentals, esp the black ones.. Just started subing avacodo for mayo.. not an easy change butnot bad with a little mustard