145 pounds gone and a whole lotta muscle added!

Options
I have before and after shots, though haven't made a photobucket account so I can post them on here. I started at 356 pounds, thirteen years ago. I'm currently 211 pounds and 6 ft tall. My arms are 19 inches. I'm one of the strongest people in serious gyms.

After years of struggle with family sickness and other tragedy, I realized that eating was destroying not only my body, but every area of my life. I had a girl tell me I should "give up and die" and that "she was ashamed to be seen talking to me". There were many years of build up, all the years of pain being the fat funny kid like you see in movies. The guy who's smart who the guys love to be around and the girls laugh at.

One day after nearing blacking out on my job because of my health situation, I made a list of my talents and a list of things I was unhappy with. To my surprise, I was happy with more things about me and the one thing "my appearance and health" was ruining my entire life.

I was working at that time with my friend Jason at the time who was a competition bodybuilder, and I would just stare at him wondering what it would be like to feel so good everyday you wake up, wondering what it would be like to walk in a room and not be whsipered about. I was ready to do it. At that time I had decisions to make, I learned that some people in life will pull you down and take more from you than is worth it. I removed those people from my life. Others who were family who I couldn't permanently remove, I stopped spending time with. Its worth it, I would have died if I stayed in that situation.

Not everyone believed in me when I started, but who would take a guy seriously that's morbidly obese that he would one day change his life and surpass all expectations. I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life and all areas of life have improved, its a lifestyle. Invest in yourself and win!

Its a little tough for me writing about myself this way as I'm more of an open book in public, not an electronic form board. Today though I was determined to celebrate my success so far in hopes that I could encourage someone else that it can be done and you can enjoy the journey with others who are making positive changes in their lives.

Here's to you all and your best success. #MaximumResults

Replies

• aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all or hard work. you are inspiring me to keep going,
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    That's a really touching story, thank you for sharing. I'm so glad you and people like you do get on here and share your successes, it's a huge part of what keeps me going and logging in everyday, just knowing that it can be done and is being done everyday. Congrats on your lifestyle change!!
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you, my friend! Keep up the great work!!
  • firefly_
    Options
    Very amazing.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing. Congratulations on such a fabulous lifestyle change!

11613466.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • readsalot68
    readsalot68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss but more importantly congratulations on taking back your life and doing what is best for you!!!!!
  • Maximumresults
    Options
    Thanks everyone and congrats to all of you....Creating a photobucket account now, so I'll come back and post a bunch of before and afters for you. I hope they help you in some way. #MaximumResults
  • VeggieFace
    Options
    Amazing inspiring story :) Thank you for sharing :)
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Awesome story. Congrats! You are an inspiration :)
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    You inspire me everyday! <true story :) Thank you for sharing with us. You should definitely look into sharing more often, can be liberating at times, even with total strangers.
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Major accomplishment!! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • kateguy1981
    kateguy1981 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    well done I actually gasped when I read what that girl had said how horrible. You are very strong to stand up and say "you know what I don't care what you think I'm doing this for me!" well done your fantastic xx
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Very inspiring story
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You already know that you are the biggest inspiration I have ever had and you motivate me more than most...reading this made me cry...you should be so proud of yourself and how far you've come. I can relate to so many things that you've said here and I cannot wait for the day that I can post a similar story of my own.

.......(even as I wrote this, I realize that before, I would have said "I hope the day comes that I can post a similar story"...no more "hoping"...now, it's all DOING!)......
  • cakelady69
    cakelady69 Posts: 228
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    Awesome inspirational story! It made me cry. I know how it feels to have people look at you and not take you seriously when you are trying to better yourself. I've even had close family members say, "Oh, she'll gain it back!"

Keep at it, and continue to be inspirational!
  • jklabs
    jklabs Posts: 12
    Options
    That's amazing! Congrats you're such an inspiration!!
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm always curious as to what pushes somebody to the point where they just say enough and start making the life-changes. You really have shown what can be accomplished by determination & believing in yourself...congrats! Thanks for posting your inspiring story.
  • Maximumresults
    Options
    I really appreciate everyone replying with encouragement in sharing. I'm going to have some before and afters up soon. Its time to take this show on the road and share with many many more people. I've just begun research in writing a book and doing a documentary mini series or full film.

Each good decision is one step closer to where you want to be. Remember nobody can stop you or deny you your success, so step up and take it, its yours!

#MaximumResults
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    We used to be friends until you deleted me :grumble: But it doesnt matter. I still use you as my inspriation and also for my husband who was struck down with Progressive MS after being one of the strongest and best built people I have ever known. His disease has struck down his ability to walk. I keep telling him to watch his diet and still lift so he can make the most of his life. We have wonderful children and (hopefully) someday grandchildren. He has gone from 225 lbs to 250 in 3 years. It doesnt sound too bad, but some of that gorgeous muscle has also gone to fat. His isolation and lack of structure every day exacerbates his food issues.

I hope he, like you, comes around before it is too late.

Congratulations on your journey, your accomplishments and your extended lifespan! :drinker:

:happy: :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!