When do you decide...

Options

Replies

• GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!!!!:flowerforyou:

I've often felt the same way and had to focus on the same things to remember that I've come a long way baby!

Best wishes for your continued success on this lifestyle change/weigh loss journey. :happy:

Thank you so much!!! :flowerforyou:
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Wonderful post Gret. I know it's been a long hard journey for you, and I am so proud to see how far you have come. Your determination has motivated me and several others in the family, and it's appreciated. I am so excited to see our family making these life changes together, rather than gatherings with as many wonderful baked goods as possible, we're pulling out our measuring cups and calculating our calories. I bet you never would've imagined that happening years ago, I know I didn't. Keep up the good work and you will meet every goal you set for yourself. You will always have my support, and I know you have from the rest of the family, your friends, and our MFPeeps. It's also wonderful that you have such a fantastic support system at home. Kudo's to David & Marcus for not only supporting you, but by joining you on your journey. They rock! Love you, and I'm looking forward to you reaching your next goal.....onederland!

Thanks so much August! I'm so glad that you're here doing this with me. It was definitely quite a family get together the last time and something I never expected to see!!! Love you!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING! :flowerforyou:
  • Karebear_68
    Options
    Your story is AWESOME!! Great hard work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I've gone from walking behind the people I'm out with (husband, family, friends) because I was ashamed for them to have to be with me. To making sure that I was walking next to them because I was there with them and they chose to be with me.
    I love seeing this transformation! It is wonderful watching your Outward physical beauty start to mirror the Internal Beauty that I fell in love with 17 1/2 years ago! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Proud of you and love you with all my heart! Great post!
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :love: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :love: :heart: :smooched::heart:

It's a shame that you (OP) felt the need to walk behind your man while you were at your heaviest when it seems so clear from his post that he has chosen to be with you all along! :heart: Sounds like you've found yourself a good one!

Congratulations on the many victories you've had already and all the victories on the horizon as well!

Keep up the great work!

You're right. I have found myself a wonderful man. He never asked for this...it was all me. He has always loved me and he always saw what I now see.

Thank you so much for the comparison here...seriously something to think about. I promise never to walk behind him again!!!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cutoff, but I would certainly say you've been successful. Losing 100+ pounds is amazing!!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    You are AMAZING! :flowerforyou:

Thank you! That makes me feel wonderful although I've never used "amazing" to describe myself! :blushing:
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Your story is AWESOME!! Great hard work!!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you! I used to wish it was easy but I think I appreciate it more because of the hard work. :flowerforyou:
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I don't have a cutoff, but I would certainly say you've been successful. Losing 100+ pounds is amazing!!

Thank you so much!!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    This is the truth. I looked at the beginning of the post and then scrolled down to see you had lost 103 pounds and teared up.

Congratulations!

I am feeling down this morning because I have been succeeding but I'm having a minor setback (diet fine, exercise fine, I know it's just water weight, but still . . . . bummer).

You made me feel so much better.

Thank you.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    That was inspiring... Ur success is also in the amount of weight u loss so far. Keep ur head up and keep doing what ur doing cause it's working.
  • Bambi0ne
    Bambi0ne Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow, you are an inspiration. Everything you said I agree with. I just love MFP. I've dieted many times in my life and this is the only thing that has not only worked but did teach me how to eat. I make better food choices and also learned that just because a salad looks innocent it may contain 1000 calories. I still eat out but always look at the nutrition before I pick out what I'm going to eat. You have changed your life and I'm so happy for you, keep it up. Also if you would like to add me please do.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    U R Totally Awesome! :D
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    That's definitely a success story!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    This is the truth. I looked at the beginning of the post and then scrolled down to see you had lost 103 pounds and teared up.

Congratulations!

I am feeling down this morning because I have been succeeding but I'm having a minor setback (diet fine, exercise fine, I know it's just water weight, but still . . . . bummer).

You made me feel so much better.

Thank you.

Please don't be down!!! I've learned along the way that us women are cursed! I don't think it's possible to go without having a day where the number is up. It's not fair but it's life. If you're doing everything else...then it's water weight and it will come right off!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    That was inspiring... Ur success is also in the amount of weight u loss so far. Keep ur head up and keep doing what ur doing cause it's working.

Thank you so much! I don't plan on ever stopping!!!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Wow, you are an inspiration. Everything you said I agree with. I just love MFP. I've dieted many times in my life and this is the only thing that has not only worked but did teach me how to eat. I make better food choices and also learned that just because a salad looks innocent it may contain 1000 calories. I still eat out but always look at the nutrition before I pick out what I'm going to eat. You have changed your life and I'm so happy for you, keep it up. Also if you would like to add me please do.

Friend request sent!

I tried MFP before and it just wasn't the right time for me. This time around I was more mature and ready to use it. I think you have to use the whole thing for it to work. The salad thing is true! My favorite is Caesar and the dressing is uber fattening! We found one at BJs that's only 70 calories per serving! nom nom nom! It sounds like you definitely have grasped it as well!

Thanks!!!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    U R Totally Awesome! :D

Awwww thank you!:blushing:
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    That's definitely a success story!

Thanks so much! It's a great feeling!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!