Can't get the weight off.

wrightp17
wrightp17 Posts: 2
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
I'm new to this site and hope you can give me some advice. I'm 5'6", 140 lbs., a very young and fit 60 yr. old, eat about 1700 cal./day, & fairly sedentary. Problem: can't get the weight off (5 pounds); very tired most of time. Have had ALL my physical checkups OK'd and taking anti-depression meds and doing okay there, too. How in the world can I lose this weight?

Replies

• I'm new to this site and hope you can give me some advice. I'm 5'6", 140 lbs., a very young and fit 60 yr. old, eat about 1700 cal./day, & fairly sedentary. Problem: can't get the weight off (5 pounds); very tired most of time. Have had ALL my physical checkups OK'd and taking anti-depression meds and doing okay there, too. How in the world can I lose this weight?
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Welcome and I hope you find help with your journey from all the wonderful people on here!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but you answered your own question when you said "fairly sedentary".

You don't have to turn into a crazy gym monkey, but try adding some activity to your day. This could be as simple as a walk around the block (or the mall when it's cold). That would also really help the depression (please trust me on that from much experience.) It would also help with the tiredness factor, or at least it has in my journey.

Best of luck to you in all your goals.:flowerforyou:

Also, depending on your frame size, you are at a healthy weight for your height. Just something else to consider.
  • phollowa
    phollowa Posts: 37 Member
    Our trainer has suggested we try to stay between 1200 and 1300 calories and get exercise 3 times a week. So, maybe cut down on the calories a little, and throw a nice walk in a coulple times a week and you'll see some change. Good luck!!!
  • I totally agree with what has been said so far. I'm 54, and the age I'm at I think makes it more difficult. But, I have found that you must eat to lose. The calorie per day as recommended by the site. It works! Good luck-Chris.
  • P.S.-and I exercise.
This discussion has been closed.