Anyone have problems with HRM's?

Options
Trying to set up my new Ultrasport Run50 Pulse watch and it doesn't seem to want to give me my heart rate. I've got the chest strap on according to the directions and followed all the trouble shooting in the back of the book. Anyone have any suggestions before I send it back?

Replies

• TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I heard dipping your finger in water and rubbing some water on the inside of the chest strap is supposed to work good to give you a reading. I just ordered mine, so I can't speak from personal experience, only what i've heard
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Try tightening the chest strap? I have a Polar and you are suppose to get the under side of the strap where the leads are wet I don't know if yours works the same way as well?
  • Arachnapheria
    Arachnapheria Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I think I've fixed the problem now :)
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    As well, be sure to clean the strap (the contacts) every now and again. Rinsing it off won't cut it. I bought a strap last year to replace a dead one and it's been on the fritz as of late. I always rinse it in hot water after use. The guy in the store took it to the back & cleaned it with a toothbrush & dish soap. It worked like a charm after that. Lesson learned!
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    I heard dipping your finger in water and rubbing some water on the inside of the chest strap is supposed to work good to give you a reading. I just ordered mine, so I can't speak from personal experience, only what i've heard

Right, you're supposed to wet the leads. Licking your finger works too:)
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    My polar is doing the same thing, i was told to replace the strap.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My polar is doing the same thing, i was told to replace the strap.

How old is it? The guy in the store told me they should last for years, which is why he took mine in the back & cleaned it with dish soap/toothbrush. He saved me 60 bucks!