What do you do before bed to have a good night sleep?

Options
Vx3_
Vx3_ Posts: 102 Member
Just curious. I would like to try a few of what some folks do. I read a book, or minimum of 10 articles health related.

Replies

• jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    :D I meditate. It's not nearly as weird as you might think. Just find a position you can keep, close your eyes and focus on one image - or just focus on your breathing. Every time you do it, sit the exact same way, maybe even in the same place, and think about the same image, or focus on your breathing. Don't let your thoughts distract you. After a while you'll find it helps relax you. :) For myself, I picture a willow tree outlined against a large moon. I let the branches wave a bit, and focus on it until I feel nice and calm. I find it helps quiet my mind and I drift off to sleep easier.
  • Vx3_
    Options
    :D I meditate. It's not nearly as weird as you might think. Just find a position you can keep, close your eyes and focus on one image - or just focus on your breathing. Every time you do it, sit the exact same way, maybe even in the same place, and think about the same image, or focus on your breathing. Don't let your thoughts distract you. After a while you'll find it helps relax you. :) For myself, I picture a willow tree outlined against a large moon. I let the branches wave a bit, and focus on it until I feel nice and calm. I find it helps quiet my mind and I drift off to sleep easier.
    That's awesome!!!!
  • theactionfigure
    Options
    When I work night shift I mix a 22 ounce glass of water with 2 teaspoons of Natural Calm. Full of magnesium that's good for you and aids in sleep. You can get it at your health food store and it comes in a few different flavors. I use the orange flavor.
  • Vx3_
    Options
    When I work night shift I mix a 22 ounce glass of water with 2 teaspoons of Natural Calm. Full of magnesium that's good for you and aids in sleep. You can get it at your health food store and it comes in a few different flavors. I use the orange flavor.

Nice suggestion! I'd love to try it. I will look into it!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a cup of warm herbal tea. Peppermint always does the trick for me.
  • HRCephei
    HRCephei Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Reading will always put me to sleep.
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Smoke
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I make sure there's nothing pending. I do all the dishes, fold clothes, do everything prior to going to bed that needs to get done. This way, when I hit the sheets, I'm not thinking about all the things I have to do. Then, I read for a little bit, then fall asleep.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I take a soothing warm shower and use lavender shower gel, or I spray lavender mist on my pillow. Also sometimes drink chamomile tea, no sweetener, not too hot either. Melatonin is a last resort - I don't like the weird dreams I have when I take it.
  • TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I... uhhhhh..... ummmm.... uhhhh.... oh nevermind.
  • Jasminebianca
    Jasminebianca Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1 cup of seven blossoms tea with a spoonful of honey!!!! I sleep very well when I do this.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    bedroom gymnastics often helps
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    bump coz I really need tips! x
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

I WANT THIS !
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I drink a cup of milk or "warm" hot chocolate. Reading helps... just clearing my mind also helps. Oh, and good pillows. Definitely good pillows.
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    so, it's not directly responding to what I do before I go to bed... but--- sleep is super important for me-- huge on my priority list.
    So, I've purchased a comfortable bed, and a feather bed atop of that, and the most expensive sheets I can afford...and for me a down comforter is my favorite year round.... and i have a body pillow at the back of my bed, and then four other super comfy pillows... when I slip into bed, it's always a huge treat.... it's rare I have trouble falling asleep... I feel like I'm in luxury..
    and honestly, truly, I get a smile on my face and I'm certain I fall asleep with it on my face....

I sleep long, and deep.... and I usually have my windows open as early and as late into the season as possible for fresh air throughout the night...

That's my system and I'm sticking to it... In bed by 9 most nights, and up by 4 or 5 am...
  • sandrajune72
    Options
    My best sleeps are after me & my fella get jiggy!! :laugh:
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    My -strict- bedtime routine:

Take off make-up and wash my face.

Change into my PJ's.

Sip a cup of Yogi Tea (usually either Bedtime or Calming), in my comfy armchair in front of the window, while I practice mindfulness.

Brush my teeth.

(Set my alarm clock.)

Write down everything I need to remember for the next day.

Drink some water, put anti-eczema lotion on my hands, put on lip balm.

Crawl into bed and get comfy.

Meditate.

Fall asleep.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I stay up too late, so when I do fall asleep, I'm dead to the world...
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    reading or sex works like a charm