C25K - anyone doing it or have done it?

Options
I am on week 5 of the Couch to 5K running plan. It is AWESOME!!! I can't believe how far I've come in 5 weeks. I was wondering if anyone has done it or in the middle right now?

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm due to do Week 9 Day 3 tomorrow.. and I'm excited!

Can't believe I finished the program.. I'm not running a 5K yet, but I'm very close!
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Did it early spring last year and have done several 5Ks (actually just one today), a 10K, a half marathon and training for my second half. Placed 2nd in my age group today! Great program!
  • Itssojen
    Itssojen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started Week 4 today...I really like it. It's bearable for me, and I feel great knowing I've been able to complete each level so far!
  • TLCkirby
    TLCkirby Posts: 12
    Options
    just did week 2, day 1 this morning!

I'm on my way!! :-)
  • Mygypsysoul
    Mygypsysoul Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm on week five too.. Have day three left.. Not sure how 20 minutes straight it going to go!
  • alycat06
    alycat06 Posts: 75
    Options
    I will start week 3 tomorrow, and I am HOOKED! I absolutely love the freedom of running outside. I have my sights set on my first 5K on Thanksgiving Day.
  • melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 5 day 3, was so nervous to run for 20mins but really surprised myself!! cant wait for week 6 now :D
  • winterdancer
    Options
    I've done two of them. one last spring and one last summner
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    I'm trying this. I printed out the info from the website this week. I don't know if I should do that or do what I was doing, which is walk 2-3 laps (1/4 mile each lap) then jog one, then walk etc. The C25K seems to be a lot to remember so I'm thinking I should just wing it. Not sure what might be better.
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Will do week 2, day 1 today!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2... managing that fine, but can't imagine ever being able to run 5k! I'm keeping with it though and hoping! I did a 5k run bit did run/walk its the breathing I struggle with! x
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Finishing week 8 today. :drinker:
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    I finished the program in early July and ran my first 5k on July 22nd. It's such an awesome program. I first started the program because running was always such a challenge to me and something I just couldn't do. I set out to conquer something I never thought I could do and now I'm doing it. The funny thing that I never thought would happen is that I now LOVE running. It's become such a passion of mine now and something that completes me.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am a grad and have done 2 5K's this year. Props for getting as far as you have. You will be amazed at what you thought you couldn't do. Even if 5K's are not your goal, I feel its still worth doing one. One, you get a new tshirt lol, and two that is your C25K graduation present to yourself. Keep up the good work!

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • Finigan84
    Options
    I started today! I am tired but, excited to keep it up :smile:
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm trying this. I printed out the info from the website this week. I don't know if I should do that or do what I was doing, which is walk 2-3 laps (1/4 mile each lap) then jog one, then walk etc. The C25K seems to be a lot to remember so I'm thinking I should just wing it. Not sure what might be better.

if you have an iphone or such you can download a free app that will tell you when to walk/run
  • nmingo1
    nmingo1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 4 Day 2
  • justaride08
    Options
    I"m about to finished week 6! I never believed I could be a runner and now I love it! I feel so strong!
  • Katie5961
    Katie5961 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    C25K is an amazing program, I used it myself before transitioning to Hal Higdon for more distance. I recommend it to anyone who wants to get started running!
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just finished wk2d3. I repeated it twice. Gonna move on to wk3 on Monday. Hoping I can do it!