How do i make my tuna sandwich?

Options
Usually i make it with a boiled egg , mayo , and tuna and toasted bread. is that ok or what because i want tuna but i dont know how t dress it "healthy" , help?

Replies

• iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I usually just use tuna, light/fat free mayo (15-25 cals/TBS) and a *kitten* ton of black pepper. That's all I need for my tuna sammiches!
  • jaelliott907
    Options
    I do tuna and a boiled egg too, but it's more a soft-boiled so it's still a little runny but still cooked, That adds enough moisture so I can usually just leave out the mayo or only use a little bit of mayo.
  • weldergirl15
    weldergirl15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I usually make my tuna with albacore tuna, boiled egg chopped, onion and celery chopped up and some light Mayo. On wheat bread toasted with tomato lettuce and some cheese. Very filling loaded with protein and veggies!
  • sandra2gg
    sandra2gg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add a little soy sauce. It takes the fishy taste away. :smile:
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I find tuna is nice mixed with sweetcorn, onion and tomato, and some olive oil and lemon juice. I don't really like mayonnaise.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    instead of mayo I use plain low fat Greek yogurt. Tastes good and adds protein...win win!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I do one can of tuna, one tablespoon of light miracle whip, some dijon mustard, lemon pepper, and a piece of low-fat cheese on 100% whole wheat bread and some spinach.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Tuna, lite mayo, sweet pickle relish, onion, celery salt.
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I do this:
    2 deli flats
    1 tuna in water package (2.6oz)
    2 tsp Spicy brown mustard
    1 piece crunchy gherkins (or any pickle you like)
    1 tbsp mayonnaise
    i spice it with paprika, nutmeg and black pepper.

It can have between 360 and 410 calories for all of this and it gets you full. It just depends on which mayo you use and which bread too. It's super yummy
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I use either olive oil mayo or kefir cheese.

What I did do to lower my calories and carb calories a bit and add more nutrition was to change from bread to Smart and Delicious low carb tortillas. They taste good - even my husband who hates whole wheat likes them. The small ones are only 50 calories.

They're a bit pricey, but I only use 10 a week.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    1 tin tuna,
    20g beetroot,
    1 spring onion,
    1 tomato

blend together and you have pink spread :)
  • bahamiangal
    Options
    I like my tuna with diced onions, tomatoes and sweet pepper, salt and pepper to taste with a little mayo on honey wheat bread.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I use half of an avocado instead of mayonnaise ^^.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    try mashing with avocado and a little olive oil instead of mayo? both are healthy fats.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I like one can of chunk light tuna, half a white onion, 2 tbs sweet pickle relish, and a tbsp or so of light mayo. Plus a bit of salt, a ton of pepper, and sometimes dill!
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I mash the tuna with hummus instead of mayo! I also add a couple slices of avocado and add black beans, and put it in a wrap. Delicious.
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Tuna sammies need pickles, yo. So many pickles. And olives. And cucumber. Om nom nom nom NOM.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Wow, yummy. Now I want a tuna sandwich.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I dress my tuna with a little extra light mayo, a little low fat yoghurt and a little lemon juice with black pepper.