Any 5'3 ladies (or other shorties) want to be friends?

Options
Hi! I'm a 24 year old medical student and this is my second time on MFP. First time I lost 22 pounds and got pretty close to my goal but then I let go. I want to stick to my goals this time and I need friends that will support and inspire me :)

I am 5'3 and 3/4", currently 140lbs. I want to get down to 115lbs to be well into my healthy BMI range (not borderline overweight).
I hate that BMI always tells me I'm fat, but I believe it's a pretty good guideline and I use it to push myself.

Oh and I am a vegetarian. I love to run and jump rope.

If you have similar stats and/or goals please add me so we can support and motivate each other :)

Replies

• jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey I will add you. We are really close to the same weight. I'm 5 ft 3 & 145. I'm hoping to get to 120 lbs and yes! I hate that our BMI tells us we are overweight too. I honestly don't think I look overweight, but I do have curves so I guess it just can't distinguish between the two. lol.
  • Pencilberry
    Pencilberry Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add :) Let's hope we can keep some of our curves when we lose this weight!
  • dlbinin
    dlbinin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am also 5' 3" and weigh 138. Goal weight is currently 120 but truthfully just want the body fat to go down. You can add me.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Sure add me

I am 5'2" and currently weigh 123.6; My goal is 115-118 (as long as I get back into my size 2's I'm happy). I have been overweight my whole life (except when I was 16 and I was anorexic...lucky for me my parents were very attentive and nipped that before it got out of control...I won't go there again and if I see someone eating too few calories...I will chastise). I finally got tired of yo-yo dieting at age 38 and decided I had to buckle down or I might turn 40 and still be overweight. I lost 35 lbs (I was 152 at my heaviest) and kept it off for 4 years. We had a lot of upheaval last year, relocation, new job, building a house, leaving out of a hotel, ....you name it and I put on some weight. But now that we're settled into our new home, I'm taking it back...my health and proper eating habits, that is.

I love to run and exercise usually 7 days a week; I do try to make one of those days a more "easy" day and when my body says it's time, I actually take "rest".
  • LoveMy3CutiesLBH
    Options
    I saw you on another post and requested. I would love to! We're the same height with the same goal.
  • cblevitron
    cblevitron Posts: 243
    Options
    5'3" currently 154 and aiming for 113! feel free to add me.
  • CandaceBertorello
    CandaceBertorello Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 24, 5'2" and 160 :( I don't know if this will work for me I'm going to try!!!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    5'0 tall
    current weight 131
    was 154
    goal weight is around 125.:flowerforyou:

im a size 3 now- i do not want to weigh 115 like high school)- i like my curves and DO NOT want to look anorexic or have a sunk in face.:noway: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo spank you!:huh:
  • bhbarros
    bhbarros Posts: 101
    Options
    Hey, hey, I'll add you :)

I'm Beatriz, I'm currently about 5'2 1/2" (every half-inch counts!) and 115 pounds. I started off at 120 on MFP, but my highest weight was around 135. I don't really have a goal weight, just want to be healthy :)
  • Pencilberry
    Pencilberry Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for replying and adding me <3

I love it when I can relate so much to my MFP friends!

shorties unite! :)
  • bikiniland
    Options
    Hi :)

I'm 5'0 tall and weigh 125 lbs, which doesn't particularly bother me but I just want to get more toned. If I lose some weight along the way, then that's not too bad either, right? :) It's just annoying to see all the other shorties who just naturally have an incredibly fast metabolism and manage to stay tiiiiiny, so I'm taking matters into my own hands and working out a bunch :) I need some support and motivation though, otherwise this might get awfully lonely.

Shorties unite!
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, I reached my 109 goal but now losing 3 pounds from my vacation!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    5'3", aiming for 120, too. I firmly believe bmi is a piss of hooie, and am going by body fat % instead.

Anyone feel free to add. :-)
  • csmigin
    csmigin Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" if anyone wants to add me and help keep me on track. :flowerforyou: I currently (or as of last I checked) weigh around 177 and trying to get to 125 lbs. or slightly lower. :bigsmile: Definitely need all the support I can get right now! :heart:
  • csmigin
    csmigin Posts: 30
    Options
    Hey, hey, I'll add you :)

I'm Beatriz, I'm currently about 5'2 1/2" (every half-inch counts!) and 115 pounds. I started off at 120 on MFP, but my highest weight was around 135. I don't really have a goal weight, just want to be healthy :)
    You're only an inch taller than me! :happy: And I agree every half-inch counts! :wink:
  • I'm 4'11 and 118ish. My goal is 110.
  • annoz
    annoz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 146 pounds. I have been from 117-153 and my "happy" weight is 127.