Bright RED after exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    it's all good! the only time to be concerned is when you see someone bright red exercising and they are NOT sweating whatsoever----dry.
  • charver35
    charver35 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    me too - I turn so red that people stop and ask me if i'm ok......
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Me too--fair skin + hard run or exercise = RED RED RED. It even lasts through the post-workout shower. I don't care.
  • musicalsoul207
    musicalsoul207 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Are you kind of on the pale side? Do you have kind of a pink undertone (as opposed to olive or yellow) in your skin? If so, that's probably why. Also, if you eat a lot of tomatoes. But anyway, I'm really pale and I have a pink undertone to my skin and I'm ALWAYS red after I work out. Usually after a little while it fades to kind of a glow on my face, but I stay red everywhere else for a while. I've always been that way. I also sunburn really easily.

7117000.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    There was one time that I did 40 minutes of kickboxing circuit training and my face was so red. I have an olive skin coloring. My mom saw me probably 30 mins after and she kept asking if I was feeling Ok. I kept telling her I just worked out for 40 minutes straight up. I swear she asked me like 10 times if I felt OK. If you feel good, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Are you kind of on the pale side? Do you have kind of a pink undertone (as opposed to olive or yellow) in your skin? If so, that's probably why. Also, if you eat a lot of tomatoes. But anyway, I'm really pale and I have a pink undertone to my skin and I'm ALWAYS red after I work out. Usually after a little while it fades to kind of a glow on my face, but I stay red everywhere else for a while. I've always been that way. I also sunburn really easily.

wth does eating a lot of tomatoes have to do with turning your face red?
  • angeltg
    angeltg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've come to enjoy my red glow :) It proves to the world that I'm trying to get into shape and I'm quite proud of the effort. I find I have a nice glow throughout the day afterwards.
  • NeekoM03
    NeekoM03 Posts: 27
    Options
    My face gets so red but my neck is still deathly pale so I look like an apple on a stick. My sister finds it hilarious but if she would work out she'd probably look just like me. She's a red head.
  • cybelenoire
    cybelenoire Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too, I call it my "Irish Glow", lol.

For me its always meant I was pushing myself physically, so I count it as a good thing!

Haha My dad used to tell me it was my German coming out when I'd get red faced when exerted.

I get super red and I sweat like crazy. I always notice the really attractive guys come into the gym after I've finished my workout and I look like a sweaty mess instead of when i first get there and look presentable.
  • paprs
    paprs Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you all for the replies! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one out there! It sure sounds like my light complexion and German/Irish ancestry might be to thank for my bright red afterglow.

Like many of you said, I'll just look at it as a measure of how hard I pushed myself, and be thankful that my body is responding in a healthy way!
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yeah, me too. If my face isn't bright red and burning hot I must not have worked out hard enough. And it takes forever to go back to normal color, like hours, even after I shower.
  • holleysgirl
    holleysgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options