My little NSV =)

Options
Today I am doing a little happy dance! Just a little one...here's why...

I have a new shirt that has been hanging in my closet unworn since last year when I bought it. It was a "good deal", although a trifle snug and clingy. But I bought it anyway, because I knew I was going to lose weight and then it would fit, plus it was a really "good deal", etc...etc...etc...well, every once in awhile, I put that shirt on, thinking maybe it doesn't look as bad as I remember, and then promptly take it off and hang it back up. I have even come close to just tossing it. I was sick of the reminder of what a failure I have been.

Then this summer I learned about MyFitnessPal, and started tracking my calories. Haven't really started exercising (that's another story full of excuses...) So far, I have lost 15 lbs. Small amount looking at the big picture, but not a bad start. I haven't noticed any differences in my appearance when looking in the mirror, but today, I decided to try on that darn shirt and gasp! It fit! It wasn't clingy on my stomach or back! The sleeves were not tight around my arms! Yea!
Maybe I will take a picture of me in this shirt and finally get a profile/before picture. Because I am wearing this darn shirt all week! =)

Replies

• jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    All right! Congrats and keep up the good work :)
  • dmh0204
    dmh0204 Posts: 81
    Options
    Ha ha! Good job!
  • dunlop18
    dunlop18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great news on the shirt. I did the same today with an old shirt of mine and was pleased it did not pull across the bust anymore.

Please advise what is NSV?
  • conkai2012
    Options
    NSV = non-scale victory
  • dmcole13
    dmcole13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV!

I did the same this week with a shirt that's been in my closet for over a year. I rocked that thing on Friday!
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! congrats =)
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!! thats always a good feeling ,especially when its unexpected!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!