Dieting with PCOS, new to myfitnesspal

Options
I am looking to loose about 30 pounds. I have recently just been watching what I eat and walking with my dog a few times a week. I have decided to become more serious about journaling what I eat and keeping notes about how I feels, so that I can spot where my over indulgence comes from.

A few years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS and Insulin Resistance. My boyfriend and I have been trying to get pregnant with out much success. I am trying to get my PCOS under control, so we have a better chance of getting pregnant.

Any body in the same boat, feel free to contact me.

Replies

• juliehiggins
    Options
    I also have PCOS! I have a daughter who is 19 months old, so keep trying. It took us over a year, but we had a baby. Also, I have lost 23 pounds so far using this website! It really helps. Keep up the good work!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few of us on here with the same issue, welcome :wink: You can do it, you just have to work twice as hard and make sure that you really watch your carbs and try to only eat complex carbs. I've been at this since April, it is rough. I just started Glumetza (Long lasting Metformin) because I got so frustrated with trying to keep my sugars in line with vitamins etc alone, every time I would lose 5 pounds I would gain it back, even when staying under calories. Just remember that when someone else says they've lost 10 pounds in a month or 20 pounds in 3 months, that we don't lose weight that way, so don't let it get you down. Dr's recommend 30-45 mins exercise at least 4-5 times a week for those with PCOS, and trust me, that is the only time I lose weight. You've really got to push yourself to do everything as hard as you can with as much effort as you can, and you will do it. Try to maintain a positive outlook and just keep going. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred did wonders for me, untill the Dr said I couldn't do it anymore because of my knees, but if you have no knee issues I would really recommend it!
    You can do it. Good luck! :bigsmile: