Newbie on Boards, Looking for An Accountability Partner

Options
This is all very confusing! I can't figure out how you are "adding" people and sending requests!? How do you do all that?

I don't think I can handle lots of people, all I really want is just one or two friends.

My situation: I'm tired of using a specific medication, "diet", or doctor's program to lose weight (on which I have had some success, but still....). I want it to be a LIFESTYLE and not something that I "use" or "go on" and "go off". I am over 200 lbs, but tall, so people tell me I look great (oh, yeah, except for this huge protrusion under my boobs, people). I work out regularly and eat mostly low-carb, almost paleo. My biggest struggle is when I am out, either at someone's home or at a restaurant, or a social event, and there are large quantities of refined carbs available (for free!). Though I have gone the Weight Watchers route, and like the accountability, I don't want to have to join a program. I think what I need is a buddy that I can count on to hold me accountable (my husband like's to give me treats too often, and take me out to eat). Anybody want a buddy?

Replies

• Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Add me! Not paleo but low carb.
  • jaj68
    jaj68 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    hi......I love this site because I didn't have anyone to be accountable to. This site really helps, along with great people who have held me accountable.

I am not looking for a load of friends either.....just a supportive few who encourage and keep me on track when I get off.
    If you would like to add me, please feel free to do so.

I am a 44 year old mom, wife, part time employee. My kids are all in their 20's.....oldest is 23...youngest is 20.

if you would like to add me, you can click on the name under my picture and when you go to my profile page, there is an option to add me as a friend.
    No worries if you don't want to though..:happy:
  • neseatl
    neseatl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Just joined myself, also married, also want a lifestyle change. I feel I look pretty good but it could be better but I am more concerned about the inside. Im in my mid 40's and I know I need to really take seriously things like bone density, staying flexible and keeping my heart strong.

Not going to fool myself...I hate working out but I know it's needed and when you have other people to motivate you it makes it more fun. The hubby is hard core ( in a good way) but I'm not ready to have a can of tuna and protein shake for dinner. I need realistic I have to start somewhere. So feel free to add me.. or not. Either way all the best with your journey. :)
  • Esther50
    Esther50 Posts: 252
    Options
    Mom, I hear you. I want someone to see what I am or am not doing and say " hey what's up"

I want to be motivated and motivating. Understanding and understood. Not judgemental and scolding.
    I would love to be friends if you will have me.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I started out posting to the forums and people friended me from that. Love my friends!!
  • barss56
    barss56 Posts: 4
    Options
    New to the site. Would also like to find an accountability Partner. Wanting to lose 45 lbs by Christmas. I need to stay motivated. I also have gone the WW route. So far I am finding this site very interesting and easy to use i.e. putting food and exercise in.