What helps YOU battle late night cravings??

I have a bad habit of this and am just wondering what helps other people on myfitnesspal combat the urge!

Replies

• blg5
    blg5 Posts: 89 Member
    A cup of hot green tea. This way it takes a while to drink it. I have something warm in my hands and it seems to satisfy the urge to eat long enough to forget it.
  • torrmairi
    torrmairi Posts: 64 Member
    I drink hot drinks, too, and pace my flat a little bit. Usually I choose something slightly sweet, like squash (cordial), add some hot water and then sit myself away from my laptop and read or something. If I eat at night I tend to binge, and my heart rate goes crazy, so I try hard to avoid that.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Planning for it and eating is how I deal with night time eating cravings.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    --Drinking water.

--Brushing my teeth.

--Watching TV (distracting myself while in bed, which often leads to my falling asleep. When I wake up the next morning, I'm relieved.)

--Trying to avoid having too much problematic food around.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Planning for it and eating is how I deal with night time eating cravings.

^^
  • sandygaylegunn
    sandygaylegunn Posts: 87 Member
    I used to be a huge late night binger. I like all these answers. Like Magerum, I plan for night time eating. Because I hate reporting my food over my calorie goal, I somehow have not been tempted to overeat since I have been here at MFP. This web site and all of you are helping me tremendously!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    I eat enough during the day so I am not hungry at night.
  • stephyj528
    stephyj528 Posts: 93 Member
    --Drinking water.

--Brushing my teeth.

--Watching TV (distracting myself while in bed, which often leads to my falling asleep. When I wake up the next morning, I'm relieved.)

--Trying to avoid having too much problematic food around.

^^^^ and chewing orange creme sickle gum
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    i usually drink lots of water - like three cups...and if Im still hungry I have a glass of almond milk or soy milk for the calories.
  • I just drink lots of flavored water, it's 0 everything and it has a nice taste & is actually quite filling =)
  • I always crave salty crunchy at night so instead of trying to fight it i prepare for it-Kettle brand makes a great line of baked chips(20 of them is 120 cal. and 3 gr. fat) totally worth it-to get in some late night veggies you can make a simple fresh salsa to eat with the chips or I prepare some cut up raw veggies earlier in the day and put them in a baggie so when that craving hits im ready for it-if the veggies arent enough sometimes ill try a laughing cow wedge with them(35 cal.) Just try to be prepared and have keep your snack 150 cal. or less- If you crave sweets have a small scoop of frozen yogurt or a small bowl of cereal with almond milk- Late night cravings are what i struggled with the most when I started this and denying myself was making me crazy-so now i just save a few calories here and there during the day so I can enjoy my LIGHT late night snack GUILT FREE:) Good Luck to you
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    brush my teeth, works like a charm.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I eat around 7 every evening so I am pretty full most of the evening but a save enough calories to take a snack into bed with me every night... Best of Luck
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Superman.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    I have a big bowl of crunchy ice. Helps with the crunchy cravings! I buy a bag of ice from Sonic every Monday morning and eat on it all week at work. Keeps me from the snack machines.
  • I set aside some calories specifically so I can have a bedtime snack, that way you can go to bed full, and you have something to look forward to after dinner, knowing you won't be hungry til breakfast. (Just be sure to brush ur teeth obviously)
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    I also drink a cup of tea and either get on the computer, especiall MFP or write in my journal, read, anything to get my mind off of being hungry. Nothing real creative but I hope it helps a little.
    Have a great weekend.
    Take care,
    Doni:flowerforyou:
  • ASDavis72
    ASDavis72 Posts: 77 Member
    I drink water or exercise.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 968 Member
    I tend to have a few cals spare for those night time cravings.
    However if I don't have any spare then I just have a cup of tea or coffee or a glass of water then brush my teeth and go to bed x
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Going to bed