NSV......or was it?

Options
jaj68
jaj68 Posts: 158 Member
So the very vain person in me has been anxiously awaiting the first person who doesn't know I am trying to lose weight, to say something.
Today was that moment. I was visiting a friend who is in a nursing home. She has Alzheimer's. Anyhow.....She said...."you've lost weight. I can see it in your face. I am glad you are getting healthy"
While one part of me was thrilled someone finally noticed......I also felt like things she says can't be trusted. (It is a wicked disease, and she says very bizarre things.)
So I am going to pretend she had a clear headed moment. and take the compliment..

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    yes take it as a compliment. i know how hard it is with that disease whether to believe everything.... but take it as a compliment! :) i have lost 15 lbs and not one person has said anything to me and my goal was to lose 20.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    :-) Take it as a compliment, it's an awful disease....but I bet she did have a moment of clarity.
  • lynnetteebert
    Options
    Take it as a complement. Sometimes, when people don't say anything they still notice your loss, but are jealous.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!