cheese

Replies

• KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    LOOOOVE CHEESE! I stick to mozzarella mostly. I have cut back to a half slice of Kraft Deli Deluxe American on my burgers and have learned to eat a sandwich without it because of the calories :-\
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Ah man! Cheese is bomb! I make really good cheddar and broccoli cheese soup and it tastes absolutely amazing. I've found cheese isn't that great of a friend on this weight loss diet though! Isn't that bunk? The low fat cheeses taste horrible to me though. The only one I've found that I can stand is Laughing Cow cheese wedges-
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Another cheese lover here! I'm a vegetarian and the only reason I'm not vegan is because I can't give up cheese! I eat it every day! LOVE IT!!!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    I cut all dairy out of my diet a little over a month ago...and so far it has helped me lose 6 lbs. I really like Veggie Cheese, and it comes in all flavors. I love it.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 968 Member
    Ah man! Cheese is bomb! I make really good cheddar and broccoli cheese soup and it tastes absolutely amazing. I've found cheese isn't that great of a friend on this weight loss diet though! Isn't that bunk? The low fat cheeses taste horrible to me though. The only one I've found that I can stand is Laughing Cow cheese wedges-

Wow this sounds heavenly please can I have the recipe? X
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    I remember being in Miami and seeing someone eating savoury biscuits then they squirted some cheese onto them out of a can, can someone tell me what this stuff is called!!?
    I have never seen or heard of it here in the uk where I live x
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Cheese is fine in moderation and I try to choose low calorie cheeses as a protein booster. I love full fat cheese too as a treat (stilton is a fav), but those can eat up alot of my calorie allowance.

Here are my favs:

1) Fat Free Mozzarella - 30 calories an ounce or so, and a good amount of protein. I dice up and put on salads.

2) Fat Free or low fat cottage cheese - creamy and good. Try this melted on a piece of whole wheat toast with fresh blue berries. Makes a nice breakfast treat.

3) 75% reduced fat cheddar (Cabot) - this is a nice on a whole grain cracker, and at 60 cals an ounce a decent choice.

4) Parmasan - This is a great booster cheese. Great in soups and salads and the calorie hit isn't too bad.

The above are for calorie control, but every once in a while, I will enjoy a nice artisanal piece or two of full fat cheese, such as Saga, Brie, etc.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    I .love cheese. If I had to give up cheese, I might as well just drink my food from a straw because all of the joy of eating would be gone. I snack on cheese, great source of protein and tastes great. I mainly eat mild cheddar, but muenster, provolone, mozzarella are great too. I also shake Parmesan on just about everything.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    If cheese ceased to exist I would be one sad dude.

Havarti and provolone are my absolute faves. Cheddar isn't bad, either!
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    I love cheese! When I went on a diet change where I had to cut out cheese for a while, it made life difficult. I really love smoked gruyere cheese on a bologna sandwich. Or just eat it by itself. YUM!
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    :love: I love cheese more than those people that love bacon.:love:
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Yes! Havarti, Gouda, anything strong that makes my man leave the room and start talking about feet. ;)
  • MrsWilsoncroft

Agreed :love:
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    I eat cheese in mostly every meal. Without it, I don't see a reason to live.

But really, it's delicious and a good source of protein and I can't see why anyone would choose to cut it out :P
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    I remember being in Miami and seeing someone eating savoury biscuits then they squirted some cheese onto them out of a can, can someone tell me what this stuff is called!!?

easy-cheese.jpg

Ah, aerosol-based cheese food :P
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member

Me too! I forgot to mention my favorites - cheddar, gouda, mozzarella, goat, gorgonzola! On nom nom!
  • cblevitron
    cblevitron Posts: 243

easy-cheese.jpg

Ah, aerosol-based cheese food :P

also see: cheez wiz
  • cblevitron
    cblevitron Posts: 243
    Yes! Havarti, Gouda, anything strong that makes my man leave the room and start talking about feet. ;)

That's how my man feels about any food I love. I don't know how we've lived together for a year. Lol.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    The stinkier the better.

I like an oz of blue or gorgonzola... romano maybe. Love sharp, stinky cheese. With wine. That's kind of why I run so much :laugh:
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member

For me, the only thing better than cheese or bacon is cheese AND bacon. :love: