what should I do? went over my calories today!

Options
I had a family reunion today!! I still tracked my calories but went over by over 1000 calories!!!!!!!!!! What do I dooooo???

Replies

• SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    what do you mean what do you do? There's nothing TO do unless you want to burn off 1000 calories now on the treadmill. No need to be dramatic or self-flagellating. Just start again tomorrow. That's the cool thing about this whole thing: Tomorrow is another brand new day.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on.

If you have the time, workout to burn some extra cals off. If not, don't sweat it and got back on track tomorrow. One day is not going to derail you.
  • losin_it049
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    The first thing you should do is panic.

When the panic subsides, you should figure out how many carbs you ate and then write a post about how they make you fat.

Once you're done with that, you should start to feel some guilt. You should beat yourself up over it repeatedly, because self-abuse is the only way you're going to get through this terrible, terrible ordeal.

Joking aside, RELAX! It's seriously not a big deal. Learn from it, move on, tomorrow is a new day. No need to overcompensate, just get back to your diet tomorrow.
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    drink some water, log those calories in, and move on :)
    it's in the past now and tomorrow is a new day to remember that yesterday does not define who you are today.
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You can always cut your calories a little tomorrow. I promise the fat fairy will not visit you overnight. It's what we do day after day that really counts.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Uhhhhh, get back on the horse tomorrow? This is not a crisis.
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    what do you mean what do you do? There's nothing TO do unless you want to burn off 1000 calories now on the treadmill. No need to be dramatic or self-flagellating. Just start again tomorrow. That's the cool thing about this whole thing: Tomorrow is another brand new day.
    exactly!!!!
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    tomorrow is a new day!
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You should beat yourself up over it repeatedly, because self-abuse is the only way you're going to get through this terrible, terrible ordeal.
    Sounds like fun but I don't think it burns that many calories. Oh... you were talking about a different kind of self-abuse.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options

This^
  • kariberi84
    kariberi84 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I had a family reunion today!! I still tracked my calories but went over by over 1000 calories!!!!!!!!!! What do I dooooo???

Breathe, go for a walk, down some water, and do better tomorrow. I didn't log all my food yesterday and I'm pretty sure I went well over. It happens.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

relax.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Punch yourself in the face 500 times as penance. Then, happily start over tomorrow.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I went over by 3000 calories today, and enjoyed every last bite... (Cheat meal) but seriously like others said either get moving and burn it off or log it, chalk it up, and move on... Best of Luck
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    are you set to lose 2 pounds per week?

if so, then you already have a 1000 calorie deficit. all you did was eat at maintenance level (to stay the same), instead of at a deficit (to lose).

It's not like you're going to GAIN weight or anything....relax...
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    First thought that came to mind was "DON'T PANIC".

Seriously, life happens. Log it and try not to do it tomorrow.
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    Sleep it off, don't worry about it. Tomorrow is a new day!!!
  • EccentricDad
    EccentricDad Posts: 875 Member
    Options

LOL, um, you go for a jog (or jog in place) with your heart rate monitor and burn some off then tomorrow you don't go over again (but you eat normally). Unfortunately, eating less tomorrow won't wash today's calorie overage because your body needs tomorrow's calories just as much as it did today.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Today was a special day for you !Tommorrow you will get right back on track.