Dunkin' Donuts Wake Up Wraps - My Version

tuffytuffy1
tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
Okay, I go to Dunkin' Donuts every day and get an egg white and turkey sausage wake up wrap. I decided to come up with my own recipe to make at home, and entered all the information into the recipe builder to get a new recipe. I made these tonight, and YUMMY!!! I plan on making a larger batch at some point and freezing them. Here is the recipe:

Mix together in a mixing bowl:

4 whole large eggs
4 large egg whites
1.5 cups shredded low fat cheddar cheese
1 slice diced red onion
1 slice diced red pepper
6 slices of Oscar Mayer fully cooked bacon (the kind where 3 slices equls about 80 calories) - cooked in the microwave and then diced/crumbled
Salt

Spray butter spray in a shallow rectangular baking dish. Pour egg mixture into dish. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until done (test mixture with fork to make sure it is cooked).

When finished cooking, allow to cool. Slice into 6 rectangular portions. Then slice each portion diagonally. Take 6 Chi Chi's small taco flour shells and fold in half. Place two triangles of egg mixture into each shell. And enjoy!

By my calculation, it is about 270 per wrap. While the Egg White and Turkey Sausage Wake Up Wrap from Dunkin' Dunuts is only 150 calories, this is WAY BETTER although it is higher in calories. Obviously you can add or subtract whatever veggies you like. I highly recommend!

Replies

• sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    I like this idea! so, your recipe makes 6?
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Tastes better and higher in calories, who would have guessed?
  • tuffytuffy1
    Tastes better and higher in calories, who would have guessed?

Well, it is bigger than the DD wake up wrap so it is necessarily more calories. The DD one is super tiny and this one is much more filling.

AND it is still super low calorie and has a lot of protein.
  • tuffytuffy1
    I like this idea! so, your recipe makes 6?

Yes, I made six servings tonight and will freeze the ones my husband, son, and I don't eat. I recommend highly! Yummy!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Looks great, I definitely want to try these. I like the DD egg white wraps also :smile:. I am partial to the veggie egg white one myself, although the turkey sausage one is also good.
  • eringibbons3
    eringibbons3 Posts: 1 Member
    Did you end up trying them in freezer batches? If so, did you freeze them with the taco shell or without?
  • MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    How did they reheat after freezing?