Well hello there

Hi folks I'm new as you an certainly tell from my lack of posts made :). Anyway I came across this site many times and read through the success stories, usually they invigorated me for a few days, then I went right back to my habits. Well, a few nights ago I happened upon a scale in a relative's bathroom and stepped on. Needless to say I was not happy at all, I weighed much more than previously thought, and it unnerved me. I am a young woman early 20's, and my health has not been the best, I have arthritis, and an irregular heartbeat & to round out my trio I am short, 5'4 or so. I am absolutely mortified at what I have let myself become i have always been heavier but in college it was under control for a long while, then love hit me and you know you eat good, and I have continued to much to the chagrin of my waist. Nevertheless I am prepared to make changes in my diet and activity so that I may become a healthier person, because 230+lbs is not healthy for me, at all. Right now my goals are just getting and staying more active then this sedentary lifestyle I have carved out for myself. Hopefully this message board will help me get to my goal and encourage me when I do falter, it's nice to have some support you know?

Replies

• You can do it!! I certainly know what it feels like to step on that scale and think "*%#!...when did that happen?!" Good luck and I will certainly be here to support you!
  • Hi! Welcome! I'm working on being healthier too. Maybe we can support eachother :happy: