OT: Anyone drive a Kia?

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
Because my chrysler is a POS with a defective engine, Its dying at 65000 miles. So, even though I still owe $7000 on the thing, I'm going to be looking to purchase a new car and see if I can trade it for anything. I've been looking at Kias because they're cheap, but seem to be pretty dependable since they're made by Hyundai.

Do any of you drive one? What have your experiences been?

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    they say that the dealers will be having great deal on Black Friday....good luck finding a car
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Because my chrysler is a POS with a defective engine, Its dying at 65000 miles. So, even though I still owe $7000 on the thing, I'm going to be looking to purchase a new car and see if I can trade it for anything. I've been looking at Kias because they're cheap, but seem to be pretty dependable since they're made by Hyundai.

Do any of you drive one? What have your experiences been?
    My mom has a Kia sorento (spelling?) Its the SUV. She loves it, never had a problem with it. I think she's had it for 4 years now.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    they say that the dealers will be having great deal on Black Friday....good luck finding a car

Thats what got me started looking actually. I doubt I'll be able to take advantage of it since someone hit my car last friday, so I'm still in the midst of the insurance fiasco :angry:
  • aydorsey
    Options
    I have a 2002 Kia Sportage and I like the vehicle itself, though I don't know if I'd buy one again because of the disadvantages with getting repairs. It was 4 years old and a used lease vehicle when I bought it. It has three problems as far as I'm concerned: 1. It is horrible for getting parts (sometimes long waits before the parts are shipped to the mechanic) and the parts are expensive. 2. It spins out, even with good tires, when starting to move when the roads are wet. 3. It's kind of gutless unless you have good momentum before you get to hills. On the plus side though, this means good gas mileage. Other than these three problems, it's a great little vehicle.
  • slcobb001
    slcobb001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have 2 Kia's.. A Sodona and a Rondo....

I love my Kia's.. Very good warranty, I haven't even had my Rondo in work any work and it has 36k on it!!!

I don't think you will regret the purchase...
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I used to do the roadside assistance for Kias and they break down more often than any other car we dealt with, so much so that we dropped their contract because we were losing money....I wouldn't do it...