First 5K NSV

I have to brag and share a triumphant tale. I know many of you have ran your first 5ks already. But tonight I did my very first one. I am on a happy emotional high right now. I ran it in 40 minutes! As I saw that 2 mile marker I started to feel the emotions coming up fast and strong. Knowing I was that far and have ran most of the two had been amazing. I then continued to run. I have to be honest I did walk some of it through out, but a total of 3/4 of a mile for the whole thing.

The feeling of coming across that finish line was amazing. I threw my hands in the air and said I did it and broke down in tears. This time last year there was no way I would have been able to. I was unhealthy and heavy. This year I am healthier and still heavy but down in pounds. This has given me my renewed outlook to get the last half of the weight off that I want gone.

If I can do this anyone can! Thanks for listening!

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Congrats to you! It is definitely a huge deal and you are awesome for making it happen! Keep pushing on and reaching new goals!!
  • leaann3
    leaann3 Posts: 71 Member
    Great post and good work!
  • TXCC
    TXCC Posts: 56
    Way to go! That is quite an accomplishment! :happy:
  • jklabs
    jklabs Posts: 12
    Wtg!!! Thanks for sharing
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Thank you!
    Anytime. Sharing my story is a way to share the success and show that you can get to your goals with hard work and determination.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!