Looking for Vegetarian and Vegan Friends...

Options
13»

Replies

• katymcd81
    katymcd81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm veggie, married to an omni, so my diary might give some tips on omni-friendly veggie food...however I do use quorn and cauldron products, and my fruit and veg is a bit inconsistent (I have IBS made worse by insoluble fibre, so sometimes I just cannot eat it). Other than that I have a fairly healthy diet, I think :)
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have been a vagetarian all my life. I dont eat anything with a face....lol. I don't plan on going vegan anytime soon as I LOVE LOVE LOVE egg whites, but feel free to add me and check out my diary. Always looking for some new ideas from my fellow ppl
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I am new to this website and also looking for Veg*n friends (Veg*n-friendly is fine too). I was vegetarian for a couple of years in the past but I'll start by saying I am not 100% vegetarian now (but am striving to be). What does that mean? It means I choose vegetarian and vegan options about 90% of the time, the other 10% is my allowance for poor choices out of convenience and primarily when I am away from home. I grew up omni and pretty much all of my friends and family still are, so I never want to inconvenience them with my lifestyle choices. I am also in sales and travel for work quite a bit, so finding vegetarian meals on the go or when entertaining clients can be a challenge. I know many strict vegetarians and vegans may find this just lazy, but the way I see it is any attempt to make your diet primarily plant-based is going to have a positive outcome on your health, the environment, and towards the ethical treatment of animals.

It would be nice to connect with other fans of plant-based diets and lifestyles to share stories, ideas, recipes, product opinions/reviews, experiences, etc. I will try to make my diary open (I am not sure how to do that yet but will look as soon as I finish this post) and would welcome any questions or comments or ideas to make meals more nutritionally balanced and figure friendly!

Robin
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Tings are good Cheetos replacement. Also check out snacks by Snikiddy Snacks, they make a mean cheesy puff. I first found them at Whole Foods but I have also seen them in my local big chain grocery store. All their products are vegetarian and some are vegan. My favorite is their Ketchup Fries! I don;t know what the rules are here for embedding websites, just google "snikiddy" and their website and facebook pages come up.
  • bridies01
    bridies01 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am vegetarian, although on occasion I will eat fish - don't love it, but make it for my family and sometimes the Hubs hounds me into eating some :) I do eat eggs and some dairy (yogurt and cheese).
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to check out my diary but for a long time I just substituted cheese for meat so I'm still figuring it out too!

One thing I have discovered is that nutritional yeast is a good substitute for cheese in some circumstances (like on beans). It has minimal fat and lots of protein, and a cheese-ish taste.

Where do you buy nutritional yeast? Is there a particular brand you use?

I get my nutritional yeast at Superstore n the organic section "Purely Bulk" its in a plastic container
  • lovetobethin86
    lovetobethin86 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan you can all add me!
  • nheilweil
    nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why I waited until I turned 50 to really explore nutritional science, but now that I have, the advantage of a whole-foods plant based diet is clear to me. I can proudly say that I've been vegan for 3 weeks now! While this will surely get a laugh from those who have had the advantages of being long-time vegans, it means a ton to me in terms of a positive accomplishment!

Please feel free to add me, I'd love to get feedback and share and learn from the vegan community here on MFP!

- Nicholas