hi - i am new. i want friends! :)

pressica
pressica Posts: 361
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I am new and I have been browsing through all of the blogs and message boards. I am amazed at the amount of support that is available on MFP. I look forward to making friends that will help me in efforts to change my life around. I am not wanting to simply go on a diet, but change my behavior for a lifetime.

If you have any tips or words of encouragement, I would love to hear from you.

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Welcome!

My best advice would be to log everything that you eat, log all of your exercise AND join a challenge on this site. It's fun and the support is amazing. Not only are you accountable, but you have someone to share your frustrations and successes with. There is nothing better than having someone who understands your struggles there to help you through your weight loss journey.

Good luck!!
  • Hey and welcome! Good on you for wanting to make a change, and taking steps to make sure it sticks! What kind of goals have you set for yourself, if you don't mind me asking, and what's your plan to accomplish them?

Tips and encouragment? Never give up, never surrender!

whenever I feel like my motivation is running on empty I take a line from one of my childhood fave's and say to myself "GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE!"
  • Hi!
    How do you join a challenge on this site?
    -Sarah
  • newarkcatholicfan
    newarkcatholicfan Posts: 13 Member
    Use the P90X diet
    I suggest doing the workout also.
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Hi!
    How do you join a challenge on this site?
    -Sarah

The way I found challenges, i.e. "Lose 10 lbs by Christmas" was by going to the Community tab at the top of the screen. There you will find lots of topics and groups to join. Just find something that interests you ,click on" and get started.

Good Luck.
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Hi everyone! I am new and I have been browsing through all of the blogs and message boards. I am amazed at the amount of support that is available on MFP. I look forward to making friends that will help me in efforts to change my life around. I am not wanting to simply go on a diet, but change my behavior for a lifetime.

I agree with hajohnson24: log everything you eat and any exercise you do. I like the way it keeps track for you so you'll know when you've had all you can eat for the day.

Good Luck !!
  • Welcome to MFP!!! You are really going to fall in love with this website! The people are awesome, motivating, and very inspiring. If you ever need anything, I'm here for ya! :smile: YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318

I agree with hajohnson24: log everything you eat and any exercise you do. I like the way it keeps track for you so you'll know when you've had all you can eat for the day.

Good Luck !!

Ditto from the older, male side of MFP. Record everything, keep moving, - even if its just by walking - and record that too! Approach it as a change in your lifestyle - not a diet. Monitor your progress and don't be shy about sharing it with others - including your doctor. Mine goes over my reports with me each time I see him. If I'm getting off track, he sees it and makes suggestions on how to get your metabolism back helping you lose weight. Your body will fight to hold onto your weight. Got to make it understand who's boss.
  • Hello everyone! I just signed up for this about five minutes ago and was drawn to the topic of this forum :) I'm probably nuts for joining the night before Thanksgiving, but I want to make sure I don't go overboard during the next month.

Anywho, I'm a young girl, two years out of college trying to take off all of the collegiate weight, if anyone else is doing the same, let's motivate each other!
This discussion has been closed.