Too much too quickly? Would like some opinions...

Options
Hello everyone!

So I've been on here since the end of June, and I have been steadily losing weight since then. It's usually between 1 and 3 lbs per week, which seems right since I have it set to lose 2 lbs per week.

However, from last Saturday to this Saturday (one week), I showed a weight loss of 5.1 lbs. I was happy to see the number go down, but I want to make sure that this isn't super unhealthy if it happens once in a while. I obviously DO NOT want this to become the norm, as that would signify that I am eating too few calories and probably losing lean muscle mass.

My diary is open, and I would like some opinions on whether or not this just happens sometimes (where a big chunk of weight goes one week and then you have mostly normal weight loss), and also on if there is anything I am doing that is out of the norm, so to speak.

To give additional info, I am 5' 3", CW is 206.7 lbs, and I am currently set to 1250 calories. I eat back most of my exercise calories, and I often go over my protein macro for the day. I have been exercising about 5 days per week.

I really want to do this in a healthy way and make sure I'm not hurting my body over the long-term. Your opinions and advice mean a lot to me. Thanks!:happy:

Replies

• MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You should be fine, my weight sometimes bounces up and down drastically from day to day. Don't be surprised if it bounces back up tomorrow.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it as long as it isn't a weekly thing. Our bodies fluctuate from day to day. Hormones, stress, exercise, serving size fluctuations - anything can make us gain or lose more quickly.
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the quick responses! I thought this might be the case, but wanted to make sure that I'm not just telling myself it's okay when it isn't.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Your calories look fine. Your choices could be healthier....

Since this week is outside the norm, I wouldn't be concerned at all. If you have another week that's a 5 lb. loss...you may want to up your calories a bit.

Congrats on wanting to be healthy!
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    When I saw large weight lost it was usually water, and then I would usually see it show up on the scale in a small gain. I would see my weight bounce up and down as my body adjusted to the change in the beginning but not any more. Now I'm just trying to normalize my weight.
  • musicalsoul207
    musicalsoul207 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Also, if you switch your routine up sometimes that can cause it fluctuate quickly. Back in July I temporarily switched to the overnight shift at my job, and I lost six pounds the first week and over the course of the next three weeks, as my body got more used to the change in shift, I lost another five. And then my first week back on my regular shift I bounced up and down daily. It's more steady now.

7117000.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools