How to lose belly fat??? Or baby weight???

Options
I'm 5'2 and 159 pounds. Would like to lose about 30 pounds. How do I figure out how many calories to eat a day if I want to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Right now I'm doing 1400, burning 300-600 calories daily with exercise, walking etc. also, any suggestions for losing the belly :). Just had a baby 2.5 months ago and I can see changes in my arms, legs ad upper body, but that belly is just not going down??? Please help! Thanks everyone.

Replies

• SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I think everyone will tell you lol.. But belly fat is usually the last to go.. I'm having the same problem 11 lbs down my next weigh in is September 17th and I'm hoping to be down another 5-8 lbs but Im pretty sure my pudge will still be there until I lose the last 15 lbs and hit the gym and focus on weight lifting and toning. Good luck I have a 4 yr old. Yu can always do insanity, Jillian michaels or tae-Bo I do tae-Bo only because I love how odd he is and he doesn't annoy me lol. Toning is more important than the scale. You can be 110 and have pudge or 115 and have a flat tummy. ;)
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    When you sign up for MFP, you can input your goal and it will determine how many calories a day you should be at to lose X amount of weight. Did you see that when you signed up? I plugged in 2lbs a week as my goal, and it gave me a calorie goal of 1210 calories a day, and I'm at 221lbs.
  • chrlslove7
    Options
    Green tea and CLA is recommended by Dr. Oz. I am trying that out, even though I had the CLA before he started promoting it. I have baby weight and belly fat to get rid of too!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Green tea and CLA is recommended by Dr. Oz. I am trying that out, even though I had the CLA before he started promoting it. I have baby weight and belly fat to get rid of too!

Tis is funny I just started taking green bean coffee extract because I just saw his show the other day n YouTube lmao I'll let u kno if it works
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Create an account on MyFitnessPal (looks like you've done this part)

Go here, enter your information
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Start logging all your food and exercise.

Hit your numbers.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    fat leaves your body in the manner it wants to... That being said, you can do some abdominal crunches and similar exercises which will do some good in toning your mid section; it will NOT reduce the fat in the area but will minimize the bulge due to the underlying muscle tone. Best wishes on meeting your goals.
  • chrlslove7
    Options
    I took CLA from GNC a couple years ago and it helped with my bloat but not sure if it really decreased actual fat. It may have because the number on the scale was getting smaller and smaller but not sure! I still like to take it on the days where I feel bloated but now, I want to do it in conjunction with green tea.

I love getting a Venti Green Tea from Starbucks for $2.63 when I'm out and about :). 0 calories and very refreshing. I don't sweeten it though-I'm pretty hardcore, lol.
  • dmh0204
    dmh0204 Posts: 81
    Options
    I had a baby 11 months ago, and I worried about this. Most everything I read (online, so take it for what it's worth) says that it took 9 months to get there, so give yourself 9 months to get it back. Believe me, your belly will deflate some. In the mean time using support and shapewear helps, not only with the shaping, but also with support. I know after mine that I felt like I had no ab muscles to hold everything together.

Also, I have just accepted that my belly skin is forever stretched out. My baby was 10 lbs, 2 oz. But, whenever I decide that I am done having kids, I am just going to get a tummy tuck (and a boob lift), because I don't think it's fair that I worked so hard to get back in shape, and I still have any ugly belly.

But, it will get a lot better. By 6 or 9 months, you will notice a real difference. 2.5 months is really not that long after having a baby. And if you are breastfeeding, you will get a little calorie boost everyday.