Thinking about giving up

Options
2»

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    For me; I try to avoid calorie-dense food.
    I'd include bread in that; for the calories you get, it doesn't seem to fill up too much. (Though a 6" subway still does the job nicely for me, sometimes I'll add extra meat for protein - just a pack of ham from a supermarket.)

What I've been trying to do is make a bed of lettuce, tomato, onion and carrot (salad I like) with some garlic sprinkled on it, then putting my meal on top of that - no more than 100 calories of salad, but an awful lot of 'food' added to make me feel full.

I also where possible would try and do lots of exercise and eat a little more - for me that keeps me happier - especially if added more protein (meat a lot of the time) to match doing weight-based workouts, so hopefully that food will go towards building or maintaining muscle.

Were it me, I'd avoid milk, cereal and associated sugar - as I know I wouldn't feel nearly as satisfied as the same amount of calories of a 'full english breakfast' ready meal, say.
    I did go through a phase of drinking skimmed milk, but even then found that it was a lot of calories for what I was getting - though a good mix of protein and carbs of course.
  • mbvaldivia30
    Options
    This is my third week my beginning Cal was 1480 I lost 3 lbs. Then I switched to 1240 with exercise I noticed I feel Fuller. I eat what I crave but I reduce my calories at future meals. For me I drink 8 oz of Shasta soda less calories if I eat more calories I also add extra walking. Leslie sansone DVD are easy to follow and you burn calories quick. Don't deprive yourself just use moderation feel free to add me I'll.give encouragement. Honestly I'm not eating like a typical dieter but it is important I watch my calorie intake. Remember it's only been three weeks eat what you crave just watch your intake the weight will shed. I hope this helps,
    Michelle
  • SaltaBrava
    SaltaBrava Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP! It typically takes 6 weeks to form a habit - you're halfway there, already. I went to bed hungry for the first 8 weeks on MFP, but now (after about 80 days on MFP) I sometimes find myself forcing myself to eat something extra to bring my calories UP to the same 1,200 calories that felt so insufficient when I first began. I invested in a FitBit in week two on MFP, and that made all the difference for me. I learned that "exercise" isn't just what happens at the gym. Now, I regularly earn extra calories by cleaning the house, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking farther away from the door, and so forth. STICK WITH IT, my fitness pal - if you do, you'll get there, I promise. :-)
  • karenk89
    karenk89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think if you truly wanted to give up you would not have wrote this post. I think you need to make a lifestyle change, add new foods and exercise more. I think you just need wont guidance, help and motivation. I am on here 6 weeks and it hasnt been easy but like I tell myself all the time I didnt gain the weight in a week so im not going to lose it in a week and I know it will take months to lose but I am not giving up and I really hope you dont either. If you need support you can add me I am always looking to support other people and get some support myself.