New (breastfeeding) Mom!

Options
I'm here, like many women to try and lose the baby weight! I had a c/sec 10 weeks ago and now the time has come to lose the weight from my pregnancy plus the 15lbs that crept on before I was pregnant! I only have 10lbs to lose to my pre-pregnancy weight but I really need to lose those other 15lbs (I'm only 5 feet so weight gain is super noticeable) . I had great success with WW a few years ago but being on Mat leave I can't justify the money and know I have it in me to do it 'alone'.

Replies

• brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    There's the beauty of it. It doesn't have to cost you any money AND you don't have to do it "alone". Several friends at work belong to WW but it's not for me. My doctor told me and my son about MFP and it's so easy to log your food and exercise. I use my smart phone and it helps keep me accountable.

As a mother of 3 I'm glad to hear your breastfeeding. Be sure to balance your calories so you're getting enough nutrition for your baby (although I don't think you need me to remind you I'm a mother, it's what I do...state the obvious just to be sure).

I was very lucky in that I bounced back to my pre-pregnancy weight after each child but I never had a c-section and I had my 3rd and last child when I was 24. My weight crept on the 15 years following the birth of my third and now at 40, I found myself nearly 40# overweight.

Anyway, welcome to MFP. Good luck with your journey into motherhood and your journey into healthy living.
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Im also breastfeeding! My baby will be ONE next month, it went by so quick I joined right after he was born, and have lost 77lbs since going in to deliver him. If you search in the food data base you can add breastfeeding that way it will add 500cals to your goal ( wich is what most women need to exclusively breastfeed). Remember breastfeeding requires about 1800 cals a day atleast for you and baby to get adequite nutrition, and you will still loose weight eating that much, as you burn being active, making milk, cleaning, exercising. GOOD LUCK!!! <3
  • runboostie
    runboostie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    :love: You are clearly a goddess. I would say more, but I might become tedious.