healthy/nutritious snack ideas

Options
dgr93
dgr93 Posts: 40 Member
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some ideas for healthy snacks... before i started using MFP the only snacks I ever had were like crisps (potato chips) biscuits and all that other rubbish. Im looking for some good ideas other than yoghurt, fruit, nuts, seeds dried fruit that I could have so ive got more variety and dont get bored with eating the same things all the time

I wouldnt say I have loads of snacks, its just nice to know what to have if I get peckish - like would half a bagel with a light spead of reduced fat cream cheese and cucumber be classed as a snack or a lunch? Im still new to this haha...

Replies

• nikkitodhunter
    Options
    What I like to do, is get about 2 heaped tablespoons of Total 0% Greek Yoghurt (or another brand is fine, but Total is ace - comes in white tubs with blue writing), sprinkle in some cinnamon - as much as you like really - and mix it in. Then slice half an apple into wedges (put the other half in the fridge for later) and then dip the wedges in the yoghurt!! :)

The apple has lots of fibre, which helps with digestion, as well as various vitamins and minerals.
    The yoghurt has protein, which helps you feel full - especially this brand as it's really thick and creamy, it feels like you're using a really indulgent creamy dip rather than one that's about 30 calories for that fairly big serving!

It tastes like apple with cinnamon-flavoured cream, so even though it's a really healthy snack it almost seems like a dessert :D
  • dgr93
    Options
    That is a really good idea, we've always got total 0%yoghurt in - its our favourite brand of yoghurt too, and i think we have a pot of cinnamon in the cupboard. Happy days! do you use ground cinnamon?
  • dgr93
    Options
    and thanks x
  • nikkitodhunter
    Options
    Yep, ground cinnamon :)

You can mix that yoghurt with loads of stuff to create a variety of dips, sometimes I add a good load of ground pepper in to use as a peppery dip for celery and cucumber sticks, just play around with it :D
  • dgr93
    Options
    great ideas! thanks x