Kettle Worx by Ryan Shanahan

Options
Has anyone bought this Kettle Worx on line? If so are they worth the money. I would like to get it.

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The kettleworx DVDs show results. But it is not actual kettlebell training. It's more like old school aerobics with small hand weights adapted to kettlebell. You'll get much better results if you get a heavier kettlebell and try an actual kettlebell program such as RKS, Skogg System, or one of Pavel's.
  • thoess
    thoess Posts: 16
    Options
    I bought it

It is good - not great, though

Every DVD has the exact same 3 minute warmup, and 3 minute cooldown.
    In fact, the workouts are all just 'mini-workouts spliced together'. For example, if you are going to do kettlebell swings, he has a 1 minute kettlebell swing tape - and in every DVD, you do the exact same 1 minute - same tape, same people, same words, everything.

Most of the workouts are 26 minutes, with the same 3 minute intro, and then a 20 minute workout, and the 3 same minute cooldown. There is 1 DVD of '10 minute workouts', with the same 3 minute intro, and then 10 minutes of mostly squats, and then the same 3 minute cooldown.

But the workouts aren't bad - and they are a pretty good workout - I have been switching between a 15 to 20 lb kettlebell, and that works good for me
  • tvl0308
    tvl0308 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, i will check some of those out you told me about. :)
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    It's awful, there's no continuity to it and they do NOT use proper form. They swing too high, use too light of weights, your up then on the floor, then back up. I would not recommend it. Look into Lauren Brooks DVDs.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I've done a few of the DVDs, they are somewhat on the bland side but I remember the cardio one actually being a pretty decent workout.

Well, I think it was the first level cardio DVD, anyway, I recall them having quite a few different levels for each workout.