What's on Your Fitness Bucket List!?

Options

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Great topic!

For me I wanna start out with a 5k for Breast Cancer then start training for a 10k.

I want to run the 1/2 Marathon n Maui September 2014. I have been dealing with a back injury for months now and has hindered my training, so I am going to be back to the 5 k training soon.

I also want to bike down a mountain in New Zealand and hike to Monte Picchu and hopefully I can get over this irrational fear of sharks to snorkel the great barrier reef in Australia.

My husband and I hiked some trails in the Blue Ridge mountains this weekend and a lady in her 60s or so passed us on a mountain bike on a kick *kitten* trail. I also wanna be her one day. Seeing that totally made our day.
  • Bealach_Bug
    Options
    I'd love to climb Ben Nevis!

Me too, and not up the tourist route!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I would love to do a Color Run, I don't consider this a fitness goal as it's not a timed run...but I still want to do it because it looks like SO much fun!.

My biggest fitness goal is that I want to be capable of anything...when people invite me to events or fitness related opportunities I don't want the first thing I think in my mind to be "Can I do this? Am I fit enough for this?"

But individual fitness goals? I want to go further in my yoga, I want to further my flexibility, reclaim more of my dance ability and run faster, harder and more.

Those will keep me happy for a while.
  • zestyzaftig
    zestyzaftig Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My biggest fitness goal is that I want to be capable of anything...when people invite me to events or fitness related opportunities I don't want the first thing I think in my mind to be "Can I do this? Am I fit enough for this?"

^ This.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My ulitmate goal is a half marathon (not sure about the full yet). And, to get a better time in the Warrior Dash. :smile:
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    For running: 10k, 1/2 Marathon or marathon

For cycling, Ultracentury or multi-day bike tour like RAGBRAI!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    To step out of my comfort zone! I can run 39.3 miles but afraid to run a zombie or mud run! Some day....I need to believe in myself more.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Rock Climbing. I have always wanted to try but my weight and my fear of heights prevented me from trying this. I figure if I can tackle rock climbing than I can tackle my fear of heights. Oh, and to run a marathon. Haven't tried even a 5K yet but I will get there.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    To like doing pushups.

Yep. That's about it.
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    At the moment my only aim is a half marathon, but I'm not sure when I'll get to do it. I'm working on upping my distances now.

I do want to compete in a 15km next year as well.

Actually, I'd love to learn to play tennis.
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Do 10 real push ups (no knees allowed!)
    Do a chin up
    I'd like to run a half marathon someday but first I guess I better master the 5k and 10k
    Complete Insanity

I'm sure I'll add more to the list as I progress further in my journey, but these are things I'm set on accomplishing for now.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Run a half marathon
    Be able to do a pull up
    Learn to swim the butterfly stroke

The first will be checked off in one week at the Disneyland half marathon. SInce my girls just started school, this will be my first year ever that I have a large chunk of time without kiddos around. I've committed to going to the gym/working out at least 5x a week, so I should be able to get sufficient strength training in to be able to do a pull up next year. Being a woman, the challenge is harder, but doable.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    RAGBAI

me too... didnt make the lottery this year
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I started c25k in mid may this year and ran my first half marathon today. a full 26.2 is on my bucket list..maybe at least 2 next year...who knows after that :-)
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Run a 5k in 30 minutes
    Do a half marathon before I turn 30
    Do the "New rules of lifting for women" program (just bought the book and a little intimidated!)
  • stephiegirl1215
    Options
    Oh I like this one!
    1. practice inverted yoga positions
    2. run a 5k, with a time under 35 min
    3. Be able to comfortably lift 15 lb weights in a circuit training set (at 8s now)
    4. I want to say something with swimming but I don't get to a lot so lets just say swim freestyle with good technique and a decent time for 200m
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    5k, done it
    8k, done it, should have trained more but I made it through
    10k training, in training for it now, *crosses fingers*
    Half marathon because of my daughter.
    Marathon because I think my daughter believes there is going to big insurance payoff if die, lol...
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I would like to hike the Appalachian Trail (2184 miles from Georgia to Maine).

ETA: Looking back over the thread, there are several of us with this goal! :-)
  • m_snow
    m_snow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You are all awesome! I am now googling the Color Run, Warrior Dash, etc! I never thought much about putting a list like this together....and love the idea, thanks!

To start...
    1. Color Run, mud run, and warrior dash
    2. Complete 20 push ups with proper form
    3. Skydiving (yeah, not really fitness, but a major milestone)
    4. Mountain biking in Moab, Utah
    5. Get certified in diving
    6. Hike the grand canyon, rim to rim
    7. A half marathon...maybe, someday! (running's not my thing)

Best of luck to everyone with their goals!
  • Joyfuldadzie
    Joyfuldadzie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great ideal.

1. run a couple 5 ks this year
    2. run 10k this year or next year.
    3. Do 1/2 marathon within 2.5 yrs
    4. In the next 5 yrs, walk the Way of Saint James. (El Camino de Santiago)
    5. Scuba fishing
    6. Snow Ski maybe see the Swiss alps with a basket of Swiss Chocolate.

I suggest working out somewhere unusual like Europe?