Is it cheating if it is within your calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• ReneeJ814
    ReneeJ814 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want, as long as it fits in my calorie goal.

To be successful, you have to figure out how to manage your calories for the rest of your life, in a variety of situations. Life includes ice cream, pasta, bread, pizza, candy, etc. If you can continue to avoid those for the next 50-70 years, more power to you. I can't. So, I'm learning about this thing called "moderation." That is what's going to make me long-term successful.

Ditto! If you want to be successful, you have to make this your life. You're not going to eat clean for the rest of your life, so learn how to indulge in moderation. And don't beat yourself up when you don't eat the right things.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    It's ok if you are within your calories but be careful of your macros. I had peanut butter cups yesterday and Nailed both. Nope, no cheating here.
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Who is Harry Styles?
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    If I know I'm going to be in a situation that I will have something not-so-good for my calorie intake I'll plan around that.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    To some people who'd rather mind your business than their own.
    I found this out yesterday when a food snob told me my diet was terrible, disgusting, etc.
    I locked my food diary, then rethought it and unlocked it. Screw it. I'm here to lose weight, not be a nutrition guru.
    I know what I SHOULD eat. I don't always do it.

Haha!! I had this same problem. I usually keep my diary locked because of it. I never asked for advice, but people would feel the need to "volunteer" to tell me that I shouldn't eat bacon or whatever. It's beyond annoying. I'm like you--I know how I should eat, but that's not always how I choose to eat. I'm not gonna live on tuna and spinach for the rest of my life. What I've been doing has worked for me, so I don't really care if it's the "wrong" way. :drinker:
  • valerieknox
    valerieknox Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Me starting to count calories is actually a way for me to learn moderation. I've always overestimated my calorie intake. And feeling guilty over 1 chocolate bar made me eat a couple more (cause the day was "ruined" anyway). Now that I can see that I can "afford" a chocolate bar every now and then, I can stop after just one. It's important to eat healthy, but it's just as important to relax and enjoy life. I've also noticed I eat less fatty and sugary things, cause it's not as much "forbidden fruit" as before. I still eat a lot of desserts, but more fruit salads or raw food desserts.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    No, definately not!
    Cheating is how I got in the condition I am trying to get out of now................overeating, and saying I will begin again tomorrow. Too many tomorrows later, I finally got it. Do not deny yourself a small guilty pleasure. Hard to learn this lesson for me, but I am beginning to.
  • MissShancey
    Options
    its not cheating if you’re in a different aria code...
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Who is Harry Styles?

oh you went there too, huh?? :laugh: :laugh:
  • annafonte
    annafonte Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hmmm just becareful not to eat crap all the time as it will slow down your weightloss - it happened with me. Since I have cleaned up a little bit, the scales have been dropping. Nothing wrong with treats but just watch out - even if it is within your calorie limit. Eat high fibre foods and high protein foods.

Healthy eating and exercise works together towards your goal. I dont think you can do one or the other. For me, exercise alone does not work...
  • alltacht
    alltacht Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAHAHAHA! Your profile is HILARIOUS!

I have nothing more to add.

Hahahaha funniest profile Ive seen on here :D
    This thread is great, today Ive just eaten 400 cals of chocolate and was feeling crap but screw it I havent eaten dinner yet I can salvage it. I usually like to eat healthily just cos I feel better. But today, im off, Im curled up on the couch and chocolate is what made me feel good! Go for it!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    In short, no.
  • Tank_Girl
    Tank_Girl Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I felt really bad yesterday for eating an almond finger... I am trying to eat healthier... It isnt easy and junk is still junk at the end of the day even if I am within my calorie limit
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want as long as it's within my limits for the day. That's why I pre-track, for example I knew we were going to the movies last night and that I wanted both popcorn and milk duds. I pre-track them early in the day and then planned the rest of my food accordingly. I will need to do this the rest of my life, so it needs to be sustainable.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I just had a cup of ice cream as part of my lunch. I say no, not cheating, I plan these things and it keeps me from binging. Sundays are usually my most carefree diet day, had cheesecake for breakfast one Sunday a few months ago.
    I know I feel better eating healthy foods most of the time and when I do indulge it is good stuff, better than eating the gross low fat low calorie garbage snacks out there.
  • Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing lately.. Really? I find that I'm learning how to eat like a skinny person. Isn't that what they do? Eat what they want..but keep it in check..balance it out? I always equated eating something "bad" as a reason to throw in the towel and eat everything bad. Now, I'm learning I can balance it all out..exercise extra..eat lighter the next day and i don't gain.

It is so simple..yet I never realized this before. I had an "all or nothing" eating mentality. I think this is a good thing!

I'll add..that I don't think it is good to eat like that all the time..but when you have those stretches of time when you're not eating your healthy best...nice to know you can manage it until you get back on track.

Im the same way, eat a bowl of icecream and Im done for the nexty month! Its horrible.