nsv, dietary!

Options
NSV (non scale victory) and maybe TMI lol! but this week I've been on a diet plan.. I don't usually change my diet too much, because I don't like the word diet.. I think it's ridiculous because usually when you go off of a "diet" you gain everything back.. but I really needed to change my diet if that makes sense? I know it's only been a week, but I feel pretty good about it! I haven't had too many issues of cravings and temptations like I usually do. I feel full even before I'm done with what they told me to eat. And next week I'm supposed to increase my food back up to my caloric goal! but the other thing I noticed is that the only dairy I've eaten at all is yogurt.. I've been eating other non dairy items like soy milk... My stomach is thanking me! (that's the tmi lol) I've heard that most people are lactose intolerant, but I just never got around to completely avoiding it because it's just so much ingrained to us to use it all the time; cereal, milk and cookies, to make baked goods, etc etc... But instead I've been drinking soy milk about once a day, and then eating the yogurt. It's incredible how much better I feel in the morning without drinking my milky iced coffee every morning!! Here I thought i would feel awful because I wasn't drinking coffee any more.. but it's had the opposite effect.. I'm just excited about that!! Oh and I did lose 5 pounds this week too!!!

Replies

• Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I don't think I could ever give up my milk. Keep up the great work!
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Great job! I use almond milk for my shakes and love it Of course, I'm allergic to milk (gave me ear infections as a kid) so it wasn't hard to giuve up!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!